• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#31 shpankey

shpankey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

sweet, this worked for me. i backed up Oblivion finally.

#32 praxi

praxi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:23 AM

Just wanted to mention, maybe it will help others. I was getting error @ 0 CRC errors, and nothing else. Essentially what was happening, my drive wouldn't spin backup if I hit hotswap stop. Just ejected the disk w/out stopping that seems to have fixed it. Noisy as hell, and I some times think the disk is going to fly out and slice up my house, but it worked.

#33 anomaly30

anomaly30

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 05:55 PM

First off, great guide. Thanks.

Second, when I do get CRC errors I usually get it in 2 places not just one. (I believe a previous poster mentioned this as well).
I used the guide to split the errors (meaning 109344 - 91135 = 18209) and I do the same thing with the second CRC error I get. I can't remember the exact number but it is something like 1510815. So I split that one in the layout file as well.

This method gave me a working backup copy of my Prey original. I have noticed the 2 CRC errors with Tomb Raider as well but I have not burned it to a DVD yet to see if it will work.

Just wanted to let others know that, so far, this method is working for me.

I am using Verbatim media and a Pioneer burner.

A.

#34 anomaly30

anomaly30

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:27 PM

Okay well, I backed up Tomb Raider the same way I backed up Prey but Tomb Raider does not work. The initial screen does comes up when loading but then I get an error stating that I should clean the disk.

I have tried to back it up twice. Wxripper works fine once I correct for the CRC errors. I am using Verbatim media and a Pioneer 111D burner.

Does anyone have a suggestion about what might be the issue here?

I have backed up 3 games that gave me CRC errors with wxripper and all 3 backups work fine. But for some reason I just can't get Tomb Raider to work.

I have a Hitachi drive also.

I have searched the forums and the only suggestions I can find are telling me to do what I have already done. Which is to 'dummy' out where the CRC error occurs or to split the difference (which is what I do).

Anyway, any help people can provide regarding this one game would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A.

#35 Jobeesh

Jobeesh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 04:33 AM

I'm trying to burn Project Gotham on my 360 using this method. I get the rip successfully as well as the SS file, merge the two in SS merger 1.6 and burn the whole assembly using imgburn. I can't seem to get a good disk, however, even with my attempts to change the bitset on my drive for the DVD+DL. I am using a Nec drive which is notorious for not being very compatable but is it possible that the fact that my DVD is only 7.8gb is messing up my rip. Maybe something else is messing up my rip or my merge? Or is it most likely that it's the DVD burner. By the way, when I put the disk I burn in I get a dirty disk error.

#36 tinytimie18

tinytimie18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:02 AM

Wxripper problem. When i try to run wxripper i get an . NET Framework error, says i need ver. 2.0.5727. but i checked and mines only 1.1xxx. So how do i change upgrade or what do i do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

#37 Jobeesh

Jobeesh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

Just download the .net update from Microsoft's website

#38 tinytimie18

tinytimie18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:25 PM

QUOTE(Jobeesh @ Sep 14 2006, 08:53 AM) View Post

Just download the .net update from Microsoft's website

Thanks for the help, usually when i check for updates i select express. but i selected coustom and their it was. thanks again

#39 wafflezone

wafflezone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 06:01 AM

I edited a layout file as follows for use with Madden 07 and Test Drive (they seem to give the same CRC errors)

CODE

C19408
D1072
C89087
D20257
C1783936
J309536
C1783936
J0

I changed it with notepad but when I "load" it in wxRipper it doesn't seem to change anything. What do I need to do to make the layout work?

#40 axess68

axess68

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 September 2006 - 06:23 AM

This is THE guide I used to make my own backups.

Much credit where credit is due to Metaphaze!! Well done!! Many thanks for writing this up!!

pop.gif ph34r.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif cool.gif jester.gif

Especially the bit about Tomb Raider Legend! That CRC error was bugging me!

Edited by axess68, 17 September 2006 - 06:24 AM.

#41 Jobeesh

Jobeesh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE(axess68 @ Sep 17 2006, 01:30 AM) View Post

This is THE guide I used to make my own backups.
Much credit where credit is due to Metaphaze!! Well done!! Many thanks for writing this up!!

pop.gif ph34r.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif cool.gif jester.gif

Especially the bit about Tomb Raider Legend! That CRC error was bugging me!

I totally agree man. Metaphaze, you are all cliches relating to coolness/sweetness/awesomeness.

#42 Analyzer52

Analyzer52

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 September 2006 - 05:43 AM

My drive shows up in windows fine and has been flashed but I can't get Drive Tools to let me extract the security sector it is grayed out and not able to click it but i can click the other stuff like save firmware or get drive key. What would cause this? Drive is a 47DH.

#43 tinytimie18

tinytimie18

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

Same problem with my 47DH, guess its not supported. Also have TS-H943 flashed with Xtream 3.3 but cant get enable 0800 to work? So right now i cant get the SS i need

#44 Jobeesh

Jobeesh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

Every time I have to modify my layout file (IE when I was burning a backup of Dead Rising or Hitman) my burned disk is not recognized by the xbox. I've already successfully burned backups of Need for Speed and PGR3, both of which required no modifications to the layout and both of which worked immediately.
I copied both layout files off of this forum. However, my Dead Rising disk was getting another error at 15360 so I adapted my layout file accordingly. Here are the two layout files I was using:

Hitman: (directly copied from the site and ripped with no errors)
C19408
D1072
C91135
D18209
C1783936
J309536
C1783936
J0

Dead Rising:(slightly modified for my error, also ripped with no errors)
C19408
D1072
C89087
D20257
C1783936
J309536
C15359
D1768577
J0

If anybody can explain to me why my xbox won't read these disks that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS. I'm not using clone CD to burn, it won't work. I'm using Imgburn.

#45 lesslinger

lesslinger

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 03:54 AM

QUOTE(Jobeesh @ Sep 18 2006, 08:55 PM) View Post

Every time I have to modify my layout file (IE when I was burning a backup of Dead Rising or Hitman) my burned disk is not recognized by the xbox. I've already successfully burned backups of Need for Speed and PGR3, both of which required no modifications to the layout and both of which worked immediately.
I copied both layout files off of this forum. However, my Dead Rising disk was getting another error at 15360 so I adapted my layout file accordingly. Here are the two layout files I was using:
If anybody can explain to me why my xbox won't read these disks that would be wonderful. Thanks in advance for your help.

PS. I'm not using clone CD to burn, it won't work. I'm using Imgburn.

Leave all untouched. the only line you have to chance is the third one. change the C to a D. that is it. it worked for my dead rising.

Now just wish i could extract my ss files. it use to work but now it doesnt. have hitachi drive and used drive tools and getss.exe. dont know what happened. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users