#1 K-MeTAL

K-MeTAL

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:11 AM

Hello.

ive never had a problem like this before, so i really dont know whats going on.

i just installed a new harddrive, maxtor 250gig, like ive done soo many times before. i put the bootdisc in and turned on the xbox. i got the xecuter 2 config loading screen and it just stays there. i swith banks to flashbios 303 and it says it cannot read the harddrive. so i went an got my other box and swapped the "non working" hardrive into my other xbox. it worked fine, i put the bootdisc into this one and formatted it and prepared it all and stuff.
then i swapped it back into the box im trying to fix and still no. the xbox doesnt want to read the harddrive.

all it does is hang at the xecuter config live screen and then after about 25 seconds the led turns xmas

thanks for any help.

-steve

#2 D<S>P

D<S>P

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:16 AM

wierd, but there is always a dudgy hdd just go back to the shop and swap it and hope you get a normal one.

#3 K-MeTAL

K-MeTAL

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:27 AM

the harddrive itself is fine, thats why i tried it in another xbox, and it works.

#4 acdreign

acdreign

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE(K-MeTAL @ Aug 14 2006, 10:18 PM) View Post

Hello.

ive never had a problem like this before, so i really dont know whats going on.

i just installed a new harddrive, maxtor 250gig, like ive done soo many times before. i put the bootdisc in and turned on the xbox. i got the xecuter 2 config loading screen and it just stays there. i swith banks to flashbios 303 and it says it cannot read the harddrive. so i went an got my other box and swapped the "non working" hardrive into my other xbox. it worked fine, i put the bootdisc into this one and formatted it and prepared it all and stuff.
then i swapped it back into the box im trying to fix and still no. the xbox doesnt want to read the harddrive.

all it does is hang at the xecuter config live screen and then after about 25 seconds the led turns xmas

thanks for any help.

-steve

You say it's a Maxtor 250GB drive? Shall I assume it's a DiamondMax 10?

I have one of those drives and I want to throw it out the window. If only it didn't have so much data on it!

Turns out Maxtor has some questionable product firmwares in some of their drives. I moved my 250gb drive from my nforce 2 board into my file server and everything went to hell. At first I thought the platters had dropped because only 1 in 50 files would play properly.

In the end it turned out that I'm SOL and that particular drive has a lot of strange incompatibilities. When I plugged it back into my NForce 2 board it worked fine and all the data was as it should be...

I suggest swapping drives. Use that hard drive in whatever xbox will accept it.

That, or buy yourself some natural earth magnets at teach it a lesson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users