• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DirtRacer127

DirtRacer127

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:dirtbikeing, paintballing, dirt track racing, my xbox, guns, the marines, and fire
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 August 2006 - 10:38 PM

I need a detailed install manual. Something that tells me what to do and doesnt skip anything. Im installing it on a v1.1 motherboard. I want to know what everything is and whow to install it. I need to know if I need to break off the that peice thats on the pin header or not. How do I remove the solder from the LPC. How do I use wire braid and what do I need to remove it, everything. Please help me please.

#2 XOR

XOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

Okay trip yourself over to the official SmartXX website, and you'll find the manuals for install there:
http://www.smartxx.c.../manuals_00.php

BUT the rest of what you are asking is never told through an install manual as this is basic soldering skills, but to briefly help.

Firstly get yourself a low wattage iron 15-25watt MAX, anything more you'll risk damaging the mobo through heat.

Break Off - Well that depends if you use the Non-Solder adapter, but as you mention soldering then no, if you do accidentally then you can rejoin the connection using the indicated area and solder (looks like 2 half moon solderpads)

Removal of solder: Use a solder pump/sucker, ask in your local Solder Hobby shop and they'll provide one. best way to do this, is prime the pump, heat up the solder on one side of your LPC, once the solder melts, use the pump on the other side of the mobo while you continue to apply heat, out it comes nice and neat.

Wire Braid - If using a solder pump you wont need this, but braid is not the greatest, and you have a LOT of solder to get rid of and probably not the best way forward, ideally you would heat up the solder so it melts and place the braid on it, this then attracts some of the loose solder to the braid, far better to solder pump iit away instead as this can get messy and if you are not skilled in soldering you'll probably put way to much heat through your motherboard and potentially damage it.

#3 DirtRacer127

DirtRacer127

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:dirtbikeing, paintballing, dirt track racing, my xbox, guns, the marines, and fire

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:59 AM

and how much is this pump and you say a hobby store will most likely have it?

#4 XOR

XOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:31 PM

No more that $5, yes any store who supply electronic components should have some.

Heres what you need: http://www.abra-elec...older/desp.html

Edited by XOR, 17 August 2006 - 12:32 PM.

#5 DirtRacer127

DirtRacer127

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 12:14 AM

OK that tut doesnt have how to conect the chip to the P/E board. Thats how it boots the stock bios or the modchip bios right? or can I just put an External switch to turn it On/Off? And what diameter solder should I use? Whats the longest that I sould have my soldering iron on the board before damage is done? Also is this chip compatable with the dashboard Ndure?

Edited by DirtRacer127, 19 August 2006 - 12:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users