• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ethennox76

ethennox76

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:09 PM

I have a v2 SLE chip; now when I boot up into the smartxx bios it gives me the option to start the original bios. If I select that, will I be able to play on live as if it were a normal xbox? The manual said that the chip is turned off, but I just want to double check. Thanks.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 16 August 2006 - 03:15 PM

Yes it will be in "disabled" mode, just remember to do it every time you want to play live.

#3 XOR

XOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:24 PM

Although it would be wise to check the 'marrage thoery' thread, as if you have previously signed up for XBL and have since upgraded your HDD then maybe not.

That said though there are BIOS' available that will PREVENT accidental XBL connections, you may wish to investigate those too.

Edited by XOR, 16 August 2006 - 05:25 PM.

#4 chronotrigger681

chronotrigger681

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

i set my v2 to boot my xecuter5035 bios when i hit power and to boot original bios when i hit eject. So if i wanna go on live i turn my xbox on with the eject button insert halo2 since thats all i play then bam go online. Or if i wanna go modded i turn on with power button and just go. But that was before i got a 300gig hardrive.

Edit: you can do this in your config...if you fuck somthing up hit the recovery switch and erase the config.

Edited by chronotrigger681, 17 August 2006 - 12:57 AM.

#5 ScottTenorman

ScottTenorman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

If you have been on live before you changed the hard drive, and you go on again with a new hard drive, regardless of whether or not you have your mod chip on or off, you will eventually get banned. I have personal experience with this on several boxes. Somehow live keeps a log of the information on the hard drive and your eeprom. If this hard drive info changes after you've been on live, bam. Youre banned. However, if you change your hard drive before you get on live, then MS dosen't know the difference and you should be fine.

#6 XOR

XOR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:39 AM

Yup but as mentioned all of this is fully explained in the Marrage thoery thread on this site.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users