Photo

How To Make...dependent...toggle Options?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:27 AM

The title for this might be kinda confusing, but what i'm trying to do (although I don't even know if it's possible) is I'm adding some adjustable features to the Options menu in the guide blade, and I want two of them to be dependent upon eachother if that makes any sense. So, if one option was selected and had a checkmark in it activating that setting, the other would lose its checkmark and that setting would be deactivated. Then, if you were to go down to the other setting and reactivate it, the first setting would lose its checkmark again and be deactivated again. Does this make any sense at all? haha. Anyway...I couldn't find anything on this, and I don't see any settings in xbmc using this. Is this possible??????

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:44 AM

take a look how the gamer card does it. Or if you have pm3 go look into the way it does the G drive for the home info display

#3 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:18 AM

ok awesome thanks for pointing me in the right direction

#4 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:27 AM

So what is your ultimate goal here? I see you asking all these questions but you haven't really mentioned what your doing. If you let people here know your ultimate goal I'm sure someone here could help you.

#5 timdog82001

timdog82001

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 07:36 AM

Well I'm making a mod for those Media Center Extender users out there that lets you choose between having the media center extender button, the mc360 Guide button, or no button there at all. Even though this is probably really really easy for most you guys, I've never really done any skin mods or anything so i'm slowly making my way through it and figuring it out.

By the way, I don't think I was completely clear when I asked the question in this topic, cause the only thing i found with the g partition in pm3 was a greyed out option....This actually will work too, but I still don't see exactly what makes it grey out when the other thing is selected. I see in the xml it shows it as not visible when the other is selected, but I already have it like that, and that just makes it disappear completely rather than grey out....If that makes any sense. Do some areas of xbmc just automatically do the greying out thing, like in settings and stuff, and in other areas the stuff completely disappears, and there's nothing I can do about it?

Edit: Also, I'm not seeing anything like this in the gamercard stuff...Am I just blind?

EDIT: Ok, i'm retarded, I just figured it out. I think i'm just too tired. Thanks for the help.

Edited by timdog82001, 17 August 2006 - 07:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users