8 replies to this topic

#1 gyrene2083

gyrene2083

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:53 AM

I've been reading the posts for the last couple of days regarding this particular chip (X-ecuter2 Lite +), and I have been trying to get this dag gone chip to work on my X-Box for the last 6 hours.

I bought the chip because I've never soldered before and didn't want to mess it up. Now the only way that stupid penguin comes up is only if I apply a little pressure on the freaking chip. I can't tighten the freaking screw anymore.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all on what I can do? I'm at the point right now that I'm about to drop a 25lb weight on that no good chip and then we'll see if it'll stay then. grr.gif

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

#2 gyrene2083

gyrene2083

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:29 AM

Is there anyway to add a little bit of solder or sodlering flux to (D0)? If so, how do you do it?

#3 senator

senator

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:33 AM

Yet another unsuccessful pogo pin mod.... laugh.gif
Solder the chip in dude and get rid if those pogo pins..
They are only good to look at.... beerchug.gif

#4 gyrene2083

gyrene2083

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 09:36 AM

how do i get rid of those damn pins, the Marine in me wants to just bite them off the damn chip, and nail them into the no good @#$@$# that sold it to me!!!

#5 doubled

doubled

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 12:34 PM

gyrene, I have the same exact problem as you.....I have also asked if I could just drop a little soder on d0 and then rest the pogo pin on it instead of removing a pin and using a wire.....knowone seems to know so if you come up with anything, please post it!

#6 gyrene2083

gyrene2083

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:07 PM

This really blows man. You figure you go out and buy this for the ease of use and it turns out being more of a freaking headache. Does anyone know how to remove these dag gone pins so I can freaking try and solder this crap on?!? grr.gif

#7 AkumAPRIME

AkumAPRIME

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 06:18 PM

!st of all, relax. If you go in impatient and angry, youll @#$% your $#!T up. Relax, and get an answer from someone. I don't know how to get the pins out. It IS going to be a headache. As a transition newbie, I didn't realize how much work I was getting my self into until too late. But its worth it and its fun, rewarding. Just relax

Semper Fi
AkumAPRIME

#8 gyrene2083

gyrene2083

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:32 PM

Thanks alot. Seems the best way to do it is just to solder the dag gone thing. Something I was afraid of doing because I never soldered before. I'm going to sift through the site and see if I can print out some guides and study them.

-Semper Fi
gyrene2083

#9 MacGuyver_3030

MacGuyver_3030

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 10:36 PM

you can put a bit of solder on the do point if you want to, that seems to help with most people, i think you can just push the pins out, thats what ive heard, if you want to solder the entire chip in, just solder wires to the back of the chip where the respective points are and that will be good, dont forget to insulate the actuall pins tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users