• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Protas

Protas

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:49 AM

I am currently having some issues with my XBOX 360. The problem is: the picture is displaying small, odd shapes that keep panning across the screen. My tv is a projection HDTV, I have plugged all my HDTV cables and audio cables in, but it is still displaying the odd picture. I can hear the sound, but again, no picture is displaying. My current settings for my 360 are on regular TV, it was working fine up until a week ago, which i s when this problem started occuring. I have tried switching my 360 AV cable over to HDTV, but again, no luck. If there is any way in which you guys could help, it would be awesome.

#2 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2006 - 04:38 AM

leave ur console in a well ventilated area such as table or floor and if thats not it make sure u plugged the av cables with the right colors and if thats not it i think ur xbox 360 maybe got screwed cuz maybe u didnt leave it in a well ventilated area if thats not it then im not sure bro hope this maybe helps a bit

#3 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

sharpshooter is right, it might be due to the GPU overheating.

But seeing as it seems to do this even when the console is cool (does it?) then that is not likely the problem.

Try setting the switch on the back of your 360 to TV, then plug in the red, white, and yellow. See if you get a picture then. Next, plug in the blue, red, and green and switch the switch to HDTV. Do either of those give you a picture?
Is there any chance that you set the HDTV to a resolution that your TV does not support, and then hit a button to accept it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users