X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, HOME ENTERTAINMENT, SCUBA DIVING, CLUBBING AND WWE
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 18 August 2006 - 09:36 AM

Hello

i apologise in advance if this is the wrong place to post this.

i was wondering if it is possible to get the orginal xbox media centre working of the hard drive or dvd. i am fed up of running xp media centre on the pc to transcode .avi xvid and divx files. also i prefer xp pro on my pc.

especialy now divx hd media and ts files are out and availble on cirtain places.

im sure there is alot of people out there that what the same as i do but i dont know want the progress is on this subject.

any info would be greatly appricated.

i remember seeing a while back and image on XS with an image of this being done.

thanks for reading or replying

Edited by smooth-op, 18 August 2006 - 09:38 AM.

#2 jimmsta

jimmsta

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Interests:meh. Xbox 360 hacking... and other such things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:43 AM

The images were fakes... screenshots of an xbox running XBMC, being displayed on an xbox360 as photos... sad.gif

However, since MS announced the new XNA framework/content creation studio, I'm rather sure that someone will come up with something... or at least I hope to hell that they do.

I too, hate transcoding, especially since my wifi connection to the 360 is terrible when it comes to throughput.

I understand WHY MS forbids MPEG4 codecs (DRM), but it's really not necessary to block such things. We can be grateful, I suppose, that things like Transcode360 exist, and MS hasn't wiped them off the map just yet.

#3 n00bal3r7

n00bal3r7

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:38 AM

I have media center edition aswell , install urself guys the VLC360 app on pc , then ull have vlc360 on 360 media center aswell , it plays all kinds of media .
vlc360

Edited by n00bal3r7, 20 August 2006 - 02:38 AM.

#4 sebas74

sebas74

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:48 AM

And VLC is better than Transcoding? Transcoding is hell sometimes for my wireless connected 360... sad.gif
But also waiting for a real Media Center, like on the xbox 1. Cuz, this stuff MS does is very limited but was very expensive... sigh...

Why are all the best things in life free? wink.gif

#5 Textbook

Textbook

X-S Hacker

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 August 2006 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE(jimmsta @ Aug 19 2006, 12:50 AM) View Post

The images were fakes... screenshots of an xbox running XBMC, being displayed on an xbox360 as photos... sad.gif

They weren't fakes, but they sure as hell weren't running on retail Xbox 360's either. Don't forget an Xbox 360 dev / debug kit can boot unsigned code and use a larger hard drive.

#6 xboxexpert

xboxexpert

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:37 AM

Some great things are kept secret to ensure there survival and entrance into mainstream. Just keep a eye out and you just might be surprised at what you find, soon.

#7 mt247

mt247

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE(xboxexpert @ Aug 29 2006, 08:44 AM) View Post

Some great things are kept secret to ensure there survival and entrance into mainstream. Just keep a eye out and you just might be surprised at what you find, soon.

Don't say such words to us. We hate it to wait for soon to be released surprises.
We had some disappointments in the past with soon to be released news, which never came up....

Edited by mt247, 29 August 2006 - 08:52 AM.

#8 Pikkon

Pikkon

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 675 posts
  • Interests:女の子-音楽-ゲーム
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 31 August 2006 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE(xboxexpert @ Aug 29 2006, 01:44 AM) View Post

If you know what I know then yes it will be a big surprise.Here's a hint----- no more firmware.

#9 nxtlidenno

nxtlidenno

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:43 PM

Now that just excites biggrin.gif No more firmware would be nice and not to mention XBMC or AVA on my 360 love.gif .
I can feel it commin in the air tonight......

#10 MattyT

MattyT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Surfing, Sports, Guitar, 360.

Posted 01 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE(Pikkon @ Aug 31 2006, 12:50 PM) View Post

If you know what I know then yes it will be a big surprise.Here's a hint----- no more firmware.

This sounds bl biggrin.gif biggrin.gif dy interesting, may I ask whos developing this idea and how close they are to a release? I guess thats top secret shizzle tongue.gif

#11 nxtlidenno

nxtlidenno

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 03:56 PM

I'm sure it is top secret, But some kind of info on it might cause too much speculation and too many questions unable to be answered. I cant stand the fake or real threads that come with any kind hint at homebrew. Now that we know something will come soon I am content and will wait the course before I attempt to modify my box. Too many problems with my 360s breaking down on me to open one up and void my warrenty for a firmware flash anyway.

#12 MattyT

MattyT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE(nxtlidenno @ Sep 1 2006, 04:03 PM) View Post

I'm sure it is top secret, But some kind of info on it might cause too much speculation and too many questions unable to be answered. I cant stand the fake or real threads that come with any kind hint at homebrew. Now that we know something will come soon I am content and will wait the course before I attempt to modify my box. Too many problems with my 360s breaking down on me to open one up and void my warrenty for a firmware flash anyway.

Well... Pikkon did say "no more firmware" ie no need to flash? pff Speculation time jester.gif

#13 hjw@broadpark.no

hjw@broadpark.no

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:08 PM

"No more firmware"

We play games without firmware hack must be what he means tongue.gif

I guess that would be cool, but stil what everyone is REALY waiting for is the abilty to boot homebrew like xbmc smile.gif

#14 MattyT

MattyT

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE(hjw@broadpark.no @ Sep 2 2006, 12:15 PM) View Post

"No more firmware"

We play games without firmware hack must be what he means tongue.gif

I guess that would be cool, but stil what everyone is REALY waiting for is the abilty to boot homebrew like xbmc smile.gif

One day................................ uhh.gif

#15 n00bal3r7

n00bal3r7

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:23 AM

this year .................. uhh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic