• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Biosyntrix

Biosyntrix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:54 PM

I have a Globe 360 ordered, but haven't gotten it yet.

Not completely sure, but logic would think this should work. Solder points on the SST chip(after epoxy removal) are much easier, after examining the board. There are 2 points which I am unclear about.

Click to see the following image.
HERE

Feedback? Feel free to modify the jpg and post if there is a mistake.

#2 daghostmon

daghostmon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:05 AM

You are exactly right in fact thats how I did it. Forget about soldering on the MT1359 controller IC. I'm a pro and I could't do that without a microscope and superfine RF solder Iron. I don't know why the instructions show that method. I removed the epoxy with a heat gun and soldered D0 - D6 on the SST firmware chip. I saw another guy here scrap the traces and soldered to them. That glue really stinks when melting. Good job updating the picture Biosyntrix. I'm really really dissappointed in the lack off support from the makers of this Globe 360.

#3 lmeyer718

lmeyer718

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:51 PM

was curious about globe360 chip. im getting it installed for me. what im curious about is the backups. whats best media n burner n burner program. i have a nec 3540 and was gonna use dvd decryptor with verbatim dvd+r dl? any suggestions.

#4 daghostmon

daghostmon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:50 AM

Heres a pic letting you see how long the wires should be. This chip will not fit inside the dvd case so you need to mount it on the side of the frame next to the DVD drive. This is a samsung drive that I scraped off the epoxy in order to make soldering much easier

IPB Image

#5 snakekevlar

snakekevlar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:37 AM

hi guys i got the globe360 and i to am looking to solder to the SST firmware chip ...MT1359 controller is damn near impossibe ...but in Biosyntrix pic were do i solder the D1..to he left of the D2 or between the D2-D3....and i have read a number of different ways to remove the glue but would like to know what you guys think is best,,

Also good update on pic as well Biosyntrix

Thanks for any replys

KevlarSnake,.,

#6 socalbluetooth

socalbluetooth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:58 PM

The D1 connection is the pin to the left of the D2 connection on the SST chip. I verified this with a ohm meter. As far as removing the epoxy goes I'm pretty clueless. I used a 12 watt soldering pencil and it works good at melting / scraping the epoxy away from the pins on the SST chip. The other areas on the board I used solder wick on the lands and worked it back & forth while heating it with the same 12 watt soldering pencil. This method works but you must be very patient and do a little bit at a time or you'll start lifting traces off the board. I'm sure there is a better way.

Lasly when removing the flat ribbon cables from the connectors on the board you need to be very careful. I ruined the ribbon cable that goes to the laser. The edge connections seperated from the mylar backing. Now I'm waiting for someone to sell me a bricked samsung drive cause no repair parts are available yet.

Edited by socalbluetooth, 28 August 2006 - 04:08 PM.

#7 tmh88

tmh88

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:post pictures of your xbox at http://www.xb-t.com/
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:38 AM

sorry to be a noob but what does the globe 360 do? I dont have a 360 yet so I havent been paying much attention to 360 modding. If your going to be a dick about it dont even bother responding, I just wanna know what it does....not how or why.

Edited by tmh88, 29 August 2006 - 05:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users