CreziB

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:55 PM

On the fence about a purchase, may wait for saint's row.

#2 jon182

jon182

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 04:03 PM

Its hard to say because they are very different games. Personally i like driving/shooting games, and im not a huge fan of sports games, so I would go for saints row. But its really a matter of opinion. Download the demos and see what you think smile.gif

#3 CreziB

CreziB

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

Didn't know there was a madden '07 demo, but I haven't been to marketplace in a while.

#4 Maverick0984

Maverick0984

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(CreziB @ Aug 22 2006, 01:19 PM) View Post

Didn't know there was a madden '07 demo, but I haven't been to marketplace in a while.

i don't see a madden '07 demo available

#5 JMan8108

JMan8108

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:29 AM

If your on the edge buy it. Its a ton of fun. Waay better than 06, because it has all the features... create a player-superstar-run to daylight-minicamp....etc Well worth the purchase

#6 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:44 PM

the only upgrades are the ones stated above. Madden used to make huge changes every year and made it worth upgrading every year. IMO this is not the case for '07. I have '06 and wished I didnt spend $60 for '07.

#7 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:48 AM

Honestly, this feels like the same exact game as 06 really. Marginal improvements and an updated roster, whoopy! Even the new game modes arent all that fun, and still doesnt best the true features of the past games, and ESPN for that matter

#8 journeyman11

journeyman11

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:17 AM

I disagree. '06 was a huge disappointment IMO. Basic game modes, no play challenge, no create-a-player, etc. The more I played it the more I hated it.

With '07 It's the opposite. Superstar mode is fantastic! All of the features that should have been in '06 are here. The addition of Live Opponent makes franchise lots of fun. Took your team to the Super Bowl? Let your buddy play as the opponent instead of the computer, and make it interesting!

My only gripe, which is the same gripe I had for NCAA is this. Where are the alternate uniforms? I like being able to choose classic uniforms. I know that there is supposedly going to be an option to download alternate uniforms from Marketplace, but really, I don't think it'll ever happen.

And, yeah, team creation would be cool to have back.

Overall, I'd say it was a drastic improvement over '06. If you like football, and were completely unsatisfied with last years game, pick up '07. Create a Superstar and have fun.

#9 tNCecil

tNCecil

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

See, im not interested by CaSuperstar. Its just not that fun after doing it back a few YEARS ago. The point im making about 07 is the fact that the gameplay itself is almost exactly the same with minimal tweaks. I can still pull off the same rediculous plays that I could in Madden 06, and it has basically the same exact result, big yards or a TD

#10 skinz-n-bonez

skinz-n-bonez

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:16 AM

Madden 06 was a BIG disappointment......Madden 07 is even a bigger disappointment. after all, after one full year to develope and made the game better, you get the same JUNK with meaningless tid bits and an upgraded roster w/ rookies and what not. not enough...would like to see more depth to this game. 3d grass and solid graphics are enough either...that's expected for a next gen title....better game play would also help greatly. i mean, if you have a speedy receiver, place him the slot against slower 2nd string CB or safeties and it's practically a given for a big play. hasn't failed me yet.....

overall, i would give this a 7 out of 10....but that's just me.

#11 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

06 sucked major wang. 07 on the other hand is actually a pretty decent game. For one the the player movements have improved a lot since 06 plus running the ball is a lot more fun. The lead blocking feature definitely makes this game more fun (especially when you pancake your freind's linebacker on a blitz play tongue.gif ) Honestly, there are some features that have been left out but overall its still a fun game to play with friends or if you want takeover the franchise of your favorite team and lead them to the super bowl.

Also the situations in which people describe about big plays being automatic is only true to a certain extent. When I played the redskins on all-pro, I could put joe horn or dante stallworth in the slot almost anytime and go the for the big one. But once I stepped up the game to all-madden and played good defensive teams like carolina and pittsburgh the big plays started to cease. Sure I could still get it from time to time but only if those were the only type of plays I ran the entire game. Not to mention once the fatigue glitch is fixed, it won't be that easy to continuously get seperation from dbs downfield. Because in real life quarterbacks don't just chunk the ball down field 40yds every play because their receivers would be sucking oxygen most of the game. Anybody remember why randy moss publicly admitted he would take off plays during the game. Thats right, he would get tired from running for the deep ball all game.

#12 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:12 PM

basically '07 could have just been a expansion pack/add-on/download to '06. not much changed just a couple more options.

#13 MC2829

MC2829

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:08 PM

Madden 07 completely OWNS 06. I think people over-hyped Madden 07, but it's still a GREAT game. Very fun. Superstar Mode is fun for me, I don't see why some people don't like it. (I'm a QB if that matters). It still could use a few more features to be where it should be, but the graphics are beautiful and the gameplay is as fun as always.

#14 CreziB

CreziB

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:07 AM

Ok, I bought this game tonight and I hate it.

I played with a madden afficianado snob and he tore this game a new one. I listened to all his complaints and started agreeing.

I'll be ebaying it or getting screwed by gamestop tomorrow if they're open. If anyone wants this, we can do a paypal deal. It is now about 2 hours old and there's not even a fingerprint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users