scorpideath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 23 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

Hey, I know this is probably a stupid question and all, but I wanted to start modding Morrowind for myself (xbox version) so I tried to open the TESCS and tried to also open the xbox .esm it gave me a million errors...

I'm guessing it just has to be the .esp of the PC version of Morrowind huh?

Or is there some program out there that will edit the xbox .esm and be able to edit like the TESCS?

#2 ryanx1

ryanx1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 01:39 AM

So...Why do you need to edit the ESM to start with? What do you need to do to the ESM? If your just installing mods you don't need to mess with that. I wouldn't know much if your trying to make new mods, though. What I can tell you is you can use the computer versions of the files to make ESPs, because many computer based mods will work fine on xbox, so long as they aren't too memory intensive.

#3 scorpideath

scorpideath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.1 (opus)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:48 PM

Either I didn't explain very well, or you didn't read it right...

I want to start modding Morrowind so I could create my own stuff instead of being a leech and downloading others hard work without contributing... My only problem was that I didn't know which esm file to use, of course, now I know it's the PC version, and yes, I already have some PC mods working on my Xbox, but I just have absolutely no clue how to make anything O_o so far I've gotten as far as deleting a rock, and moving a building, both in Balmora biggrin.gif

#4 Pyro0623

Pyro0623

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Computers and technology, Xbox moddin', Playin' vids on my xbox.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 October 2006 - 03:00 AM

You can make your own mods based on the PC ESMs and then just run them Through the TESDTK, i have done this in the past with no problems. and if you dig deep enough in the PC version, the thing is full of old redundant xbox functions.

But yes, in an ideal situation you will want to use the xbox version from start to finish, i'd say just ignore the errors for now and try making somthing and see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users