blueyben

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:57 AM

Hey guys

I'm havin all sorts at the moment

I have a Gigabyte GA 8VM800M775 motherboard, it has sata slots, i have a connectivity kit, but can't see the drive at startup, is there anything at all i can do, i'm just a bit lost at present.

Cheers

Your help is greatly appreciated

I've been searching for hours, it feels like my eyes are going to drop out, which probably means the answer is right in front of me.

Forgive me if this is the case

Cheers

#2 acidwarz

acidwarz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

* have you used SATA before?
* Do you have the SATA turned on in the BIOS?
what version of windows do you have (I assume XP Pro SP 2) might need drivers if you are not using XP
* if you get it working please let us know what your problem was as to maybe help others!

#3 Optics2k3

Optics2k3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:Xbox 360, Hockey, Bud!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:50 PM

I'm having the same problem had it for 3 days and no one has helped me, and ive pretty much tried everything...

im using a soltek k8t939-pro Via chipset, and ive never used sata before although it does have sata slots, i went and bought a double male connector, connected it both the first time to the xbox then to the xbox's cd rom drive powered them all on disabled all my drives, pretty much have done everything under the sun... allowed the bios to be IDE instead of raid and still nothing

PLEASE HELP!

#4 Chaleman

Chaleman

X-S Enthusiast

• Validating
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:54 PM

I had the same problem, but different mobo (k8n diamond plus from MSI). Until someone told me to update the Bios on the mobo, I couldn't get anything detected.

I actually thought this wouldn't be the case, but it sure worked. update your mobo to the latest bios and follow up on all other indications...

Best regards,

Chale

Hope it helps!!

#5 Optics2k3

Optics2k3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:25 PM

I tried updating and still no success, then i found out that i had it plugged into SATA 2 on my mobo, so i switched it to SATA one and tried the same damn thing again and what do you know? NO LUCK! damn it, ive had my console apart for 3 days and i've been stuck on the same damn problem sad.gif!!

#6 Optics2k3

Optics2k3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:29 PM

Well this isn't bad for a forum, i've basically been trying to help my self out and reply to all my posts! yay for XS! ( sorry if im sounded rude but im angry) my computer with the drive connected to SATA 1 boots fine if the console is off, then i go into the a drive and turn it on and it says "drive not detected" so then when i leave the 360 on and i restart... the computer wont get past the second POST booting part, it says the name of the Sata im using Promise but then nothing... cant do anything...

so i think tommorow im going to go buy a PCI SATA card...hopefully it will work, i tried searching local computer stores in london ontario cananda and it cant find any of the recommended... so i guess im shit out of luck... any help would be appericated..

#7 ichigoxxx

ichigoxxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:11 PM

i had the same problem i was flashing a sam and my drive didnt get reconized by windows did everything in the tuts and didnt work.But i did this way youre drive doent need to be seen by windows.
1. make sure u have the write mtkflash that is very important!
2. If you have Sam drive Use Xsam360 V.2 i did it with a USB cause everytime i did it with a floopy i didnt have
enough space. XSAM360 is the way to go it never fails.
3. PLug your sata Hardrive on master 2 and you Drive on Master 1 this way i didnt had to configure the idle/raid
4. u must have youre xbox on before u turn youre PC on
5. make sure youre pc bios is configure to boot from USB HDD. And Disable where it says Boot from Other diveses and u should be good.

good luck.

#8 Optics2k3

Optics2k3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:59 AM

what you posted really doesnt apply to me, my computer has a floppy, and my hard drive is a ide cable not a sata cable, also i dont have a usb drive anywhere and people said manual flash is better then a autoflash... less bricking thank you for your help tho

#9 crap box

crap box

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Same problem. I have a nForce 4 chipset. Im using the connectivity kit and windows cant detect shit.

#10 Optics2k3

Optics2k3

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:54 AM

yea this forum doesnt much help.. u get shit loads of reads but no help... posted in many forums, so i just put my box back together... trying to look for other forums to help but no success... so i guess if someone reads it we still all need help... but i think there is a special way with the nforce 4

#11 ichigoxxx

ichigoxxx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:59 AM

you dont need a usb drive to flash youre drive you could use all sorts of stuff
like a psp,digital camara,etc...etc im just telling you its easier this way.
and youre windows doesnt need to detect youre drive for u to flash it
you need the right MTKFLASH MTKFlash is what detects youre drive make sure u have the write one for youre chipset if you dont know how PM me with youre email and i will send u one ok but need to know the write info so i could modify it ok. Trust me is youre MTKFlash - it happend to as soon i fix it there was no problem.

you need to get youre drive seen by windows only to make Back ups and it needs 2 be flash for that ok
good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users