Getting Drive To Be Detected
Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:57 AM
I'm havin all sorts at the moment
I have a Gigabyte GA 8VM800M775 motherboard, it has sata slots, i have a connectivity kit, but can't see the drive at startup, is there anything at all i can do, i'm just a bit lost at present.
Your help is greatly appreciated
I've been searching for hours, it feels like my eyes are going to drop out, which probably means the answer is right in front of me.
Forgive me if this is the case
Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:20 PM
* Do you have the SATA turned on in the BIOS?
what version of windows do you have (I assume XP Pro SP 2) might need drivers if you are not using XP
* if you get it working please let us know what your problem was as to maybe help others!
Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:50 PM
im using a soltek k8t939-pro Via chipset, and ive never used sata before although it does have sata slots, i went and bought a double male connector, connected it both the first time to the xbox then to the xbox's cd rom drive powered them all on disabled all my drives, pretty much have done everything under the sun... allowed the bios to be IDE instead of raid and still nothing
Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:54 PM
I actually thought this wouldn't be the case, but it sure worked. update your mobo to the latest bios and follow up on all other indications...
Hope it helps!!
Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:25 PM
Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:29 PM
so i think tommorow im going to go buy a PCI SATA card...hopefully it will work, i tried searching local computer stores in london ontario cananda and it cant find any of the recommended... so i guess im shit out of luck... any help would be appericated..
Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:11 PM
1. make sure u have the write mtkflash that is very important!
2. If you have Sam drive Use Xsam360 V.2 i did it with a USB cause everytime i did it with a floopy i didnt have
enough space. XSAM360 is the way to go it never fails.
3. PLug your sata Hardrive on master 2 and you Drive on Master 1 this way i didnt had to configure the idle/raid
4. u must have youre xbox on before u turn youre PC on
5. make sure youre pc bios is configure to boot from USB HDD. And Disable where it says Boot from Other diveses and u should be good.
Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:59 AM
Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:47 PM
Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:54 AM
Posted 27 August 2006 - 12:59 AM
like a psp,digital camara,etc...etc im just telling you its easier this way.
and youre windows doesnt need to detect youre drive for u to flash it
you need the right MTKFLASH MTKFlash is what detects youre drive make sure u have the write one for youre chipset if you dont know how PM me with youre email and i will send u one ok but need to know the write info so i could modify it ok. Trust me is youre MTKFlash - it happend to as soon i fix it there was no problem.
you need to get youre drive seen by windows only to make Back ups and it needs 2 be flash for that ok
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users