• Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:38 AM

I have the white DuoX2 chips with:

Bank 0 : Cromwell bios
Bank 1 : FlashBios 3.0.3

I want to flash the DuoX2 with X2 BIOS Build 5035 .

I downloaded from Eurasia:

1) EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.2
2) X2 BIOS Build 5035

When I unpack "EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.2" I see 2 directories:

==============================================

1) flash_disc ,
I know to use this one as boot disc, but when booting this disk, do I need to put the DuoX2 switch on Bank 0 OR bank 1 ?????
2) bios_disc , contains the files:

dummy50mb
bios.txt
raincoat.cfg

I know to rename the 512 KB BIOS file to bios.bin , and burn them to dvdr or cdrw
Do I need to write bios.txt and raincoat.cfg to the disc ??
==============================================

When I unpack "X2 BIOS Build 5035", I see :

x2_5035_vOLD_512k.bin - older xbox versions v1.0 - v1.5 ONLY
x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin - xbox versions v1.6 and v1.6b ONLY
x2config file Do I really need this file ?
So for 1.0 - 1.5 I need to rename "x2_5035_vOLD_512k.bin" to bios.bin and put it in the bios_disc dir.
So for v1.6 and v1.6b I need to rename "x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin" to bios.bin and put it in the bios_disc dir. Am I right ?

So finally I have 2 discs :

1) EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.2 disc.
2) X2 BIOS Build 5035 disc

When the "EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.2 disc" asks me to put in the "X2 BIOS Build 5035 disc", do I then need to put the switch from BANK 0 -> BANK 1 ????

Thanks a lot to answer these questions.

#2 proconsoles

proconsoles

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 12:56 AM

Nobody knows ??????????
Or nobody wants to answer ?????????

#3 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:09 AM

If flashbios runs on your console the easiest thing to do is just network flash via that. No need to burn flash discs, no need to rename the bios file.. Instructions here:

http://www.team-xecuter.com/flashbios/

Now.. if you do want to use cromwell and eurasia to flash you can do that.. I'll go through and answer your questions on that...

QUOTE(proconsoles @ Aug 24 2006, 06:45 AM) View Post

do I need to put the DuoX2 switch on Bank 0 OR bank 1 ?????

If you want to use a set of eurasia flash discs then you need to boot to cromwell (bank0). For all machines that boot flashbios though (That is all 1.0-1.4 and some, but not all 1.6s) it's easier to just flash from flashbios.

Do I need to write bios.txt and raincoat.cfg to the disc ??

For a Eurasia bios disc, you should, yes.

x2config file Do I really need this file ?

Yes and no.. without the file your xbox will just boot to the default config. To customize bios options (Colors, LBA48 options, IGR, live blocking, dashboard location, etc) you should have the file on E:. It also will boot your console a few seconds faster if the file is present.

So for 1.0 - 1.5 I need to rename "x2_5035_vOLD_512k.bin" to bios.bin and put it in the bios_disc dir.
So for v1.6 and v1.6b I need to rename "x2_5035_v16plus_512k.bin" to bios.bin and put it in the bios_disc dir. Am I right ?

Correct.

When the "EurAsia Pro Generic Flash Disc v1.2 disc" asks me to put in the "X2 BIOS Build 5035 disc", do I then need to put the switch from BANK 0 -> BANK 1 ????

No, but you can. If you slide the switch over prior to flashing you'll flash over the other bank so that you can always come back to the other bank to reflash if you need to. (This usually makes more sense if you flash with flashbios.. or if you have a 1.6 where flashbios doesn't load).

#4 proconsoles

proconsoles

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:13 AM

Thanks a lot, appleguru !!!!!!

I will make 3 DVD-R's :

1) EuroAsia BIOS disk

2) BIOS disk with :
bios.txt
dummy50mb
raincoat.cfg
bios.bin ## the bios for 1.0-1.5 Xboxes

3) BIOS disk with :
bios.txt
dummy50mb
raincoat.cfg
bios.bin ## the bios for 1.6 Xboxes

I will just put the white DuoX2 on bank1, try to boot disk 2) or 3) .
If it does not work, I will put DuoX2 on bank0, boot disk 1).
Then put DuoX2 on bank1, and load disk 2) or 3).

I left bios.txt & raincoat.cfg the default.

#5 soholingo

soholingo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:03 AM

I just did this. It was a pain, but here is how I finally got everything to work.

Some background, I messed up bank 1, by flashing the wrong size bios to it, so 1 would not boot. I have a version 1.0 xbox, and I tried several different media, the only media that worked was memorex 16x dvd-r. I burned the discs at 4x.

1. I burned the euroasia boot disk. (No problems here)
2. I burned the bios disk. This took several tries as the files were burned in caps and inside that bios_disc. I burned 4 discs before I fell upon this combo

bios.bin (make sure it is the 512k version I used the 5035 of X2)
dummy50mb

These files were burned directly to the root of my disk. I used nero and iso9660+Joliet. (without Joliet it would capitalize the file names which is a nono.

I did not burn the other files, nor did I burn them to the bios_disc folder. Just those two files on the root of the disk.

3. I then booted up to the cromwell bios on bank 0. Once I saw the cromwell screen I moved the switch to bank 1. (I wanted to keep my good bios in tact). I did this move with the machine on, no issues.

4. I then selected the boot to cd, and placed the eurasia disk into the drive.

5. It then asks for the bios disks. A couple of notes:
Just put the disk in the drive and what for the drive close on its on.

It took two inserts before the drive was read correctly.

When the drive was read there were some notes about lsmod or something, but this was do to the Joliet burning, and is expected.

Once it read the disk, it was obvious the bios was being flashed. I let the graph run, and waited for the computer to shut down. There are long pauses, but the screen tells you what it is doing, and warns you NOT to press the eject button.

6. I rebooted to bank 1 and my new bios was working. (one thing that happened was I was plugged into the network, and I got an error message saying it couldn't connect to LIVE! (xbox was set to auto connect), I am hoping I didn't screw myself so make sure the ethernet cable is unplugged!!!).

7. I put in a legitimate game disk and it worked.

Next step is to burn a good copy of slayers disc, which has been a pain.

#6 xXUndertowXx

xXUndertowXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 01:19 PM

I know this topic is dead...sorry

But it is the closest to what i am looking for. And it was answered nicely smile.gif

My question is about the bios itself on the DuoX2. If I were 2 switch over from banks 0 >1 and try to only flash bank>1. Would I still have to make a 1024k Bios? Or can I leave the x2-5035 bios as is (512k)???

I have chipped 2 xbox's in the past with little effort, its just been a while and I cannot remember the bios specifics. I already have the bios I need from xbins and I know how to use x2bm. But last time I don't think i was able to switch back to cromwell after I flashed and I would really like to this time.

Anyways any help would be appreciated.

#7 jinn

jinn

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 144 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:14 AM

512kb bios is find for bank 1

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 January 2010 - 12:07 PM

You should use a 512k bios and flick the switch before the flash takes place, but after booting from Cromwell Bank. The bank with the Cromwell on should not be corrupt after this. If it is the chip is a clone. This was common on cloned chips back in the day

#9 xXUndertowXx

xXUndertowXx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:32 PM

Sweet! Thankyou very much, thats all I needed to know happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users