hejpollo

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 19 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

Hey biggrin.gif

Which system have the best and most poweful graphics?

Thanks in advance!

#2 mavsfan

mavsfan

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 03:19 PM

Wrong Section? tongue.gif

#3 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:19 PM

Oh, please don't ask that question....
Better graphics? IDK. No one does at this point.

Faster/stronger processor? Most likely the PS3... it can do a lot more Floating Point Operations.
Does this make it a better game console or have better GFX? No.

#4 Mr Invader

Mr Invader

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:05 AM

It will definetely depend on the game.

The xbox 360 has been around longer and has allowed developers to get into the system and get more intimate ( tongue.gif ) with the system and allow great looking graphics like the ones we see in halo3, mass effect, and gears of war.

The PS3 however, does have a higher peak performance, and it uses CELL and blu-ray to play beautiful high definition videos. Does CELL and blu-ray make it have better overall graphics or just better high-def visuals? We won't know until we play it.

All of this will be answered when the PS3 actually comes out.

#5 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:10 PM

i believe its a toss up and depends most on the developer. the GPU in both systems is from the same generation of technology, there is nothing really one GPU can do that the other can not. however if a developer is more experienced with the ps3 hardware, there may be a chance the ps3 version of whatever game may benefit performance wise and vice versa for the 360.

the CPU will have little effect on the graphics, but the ps3 does have a higher theoretical peak performance. by how much we wont know for a while now.

i would only expect minor differences between the two system which wont point to which one has "beter" graphics. much like the game the darkness: the 360 version will have better texture detail while the ps3 version will have smoother video running on the Tvs in the game.

#6 ikecomp

ikecomp

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 02:23 PM

I honestly don't believe anyone could answer this question until we see games that are released on both systems for an apple to apples comparison. IE, comparing next year's Madden for PS3 to next years Madden for xbox 360 or whatever other games have a 360 version and ps3 version.

#7 KAGE360

KAGE360

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE(ikecomp @ Aug 25 2006, 09:30 AM) View Post

I honestly don't believe anyone could answer this question until we see games that are released on both systems for an apple to apples comparison. IE, comparing next year's Madden for PS3 to next years Madden for xbox 360 or whatever other games have a 360 version and ps3 version.

is this a good enough comparison?....

While we previewed Tiger 07 from Chicago earlier this week, we finally got our hands-on one hole of Tiger on a PlayStation 3 development-kit, which is the size of a large briefcase and sounds like a giant bee-hive. Tiger PS3 is noticeably behind the 360 version, but it won't be released until November so there will be time to catch up. EA already told us that the content will be identical on both versions, but EA is toying with the idea of utilizing the tilt-sensor of the PS3 controller, but nothing has been announced. Designer Dave Woldman walked us through the 18th at St. Andrews, which already looked great. The undulation and little rolling hills on the fairway and green were clearly visible, and the buildings in the background made me want to stop for tea and crumpets. Luckily EA was serving beer and burgers outside, so I made do. The PS3 framerate was very choppy with this pre-alpha build. Controlling Tiger felt identical to the 360 version. When everything is ironed out visually, the game will look virtually identical to the 360 version as well. So unless EA incorporates some new control method with the PS3 controller, then next-gen Tiger will be the same solid golf game across the board.

http://xbox360.ign.c...8/718827p1.html

i also read similar problems with Madden at E3

#8 incognegro

incognegro

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:35 PM

its a draw! Both systems are equally as powerful to put it simply. Best Grafix will not depend on the systems but on the devs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users