• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ScottTenorman

ScottTenorman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:03 PM

Hello everyone, here is my problem. Just received my Smartxx V3 with my Spider solderless adapter. I am running an xbox 1.6b, samsung dvd drive. I installed the spider adapter with no problems. Plugged in the power chords, plugged in my smartxx v3, and booted up with no dvd or hd in (as per their instructions). It worked like a champ. I have another modded box with a smartxx V2 so I knew i was looking at the smartxx bios screen. So I unplugged it, installed my dvd drive, and checked again. This time, it wont power on. I get no response whatsoever. So I think that maybe I dislodged the chip with the dvd tray. So I rechecked all my connections, kept the dvd drive disconnected, and powered on. Worked fine. This time when I plug the dvd drive in, i only use the power cable. and tried to boot. Nothing. No power at all. Im baffled right now. It dosent make sense that plugging just the power of the dvd drive in would make it not boot but thats why I am writing here. Please, someone help!

#2 ScottTenorman

ScottTenorman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

Allright, I would be wrong if I did not explain to you the jack-assery that caused this problem. I just discovered that I had the DVD Drive power cable plugged in upside down. Don't laugh, its easy to do. Fixing this solved my problem instantly. I tell you this to be sure you plug in it right, its easy to flip. Also, the solderless adapter works great, and appears to be very solid. Thanks.

#3 Boddah

Boddah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:38 PM

Don't feel bad, I once spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out why the power cable wouldn't fit in the back of my drive. tongue.gif

#4 ScottTenorman

ScottTenorman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:48 PM

Thanks, i feel a little better now. As an update, im now using the slayers evox autoinstall disk and everything is working great! Keep modding!

#5 badboykiller35

badboykiller35

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 October 2006 - 03:09 AM

smartxx v3 for version 1.0 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
I bought a Smartxxv3 chip and install it by followin the steps
when i turn on my xbox it makes some wierd noises and then it turns offf , the light is blinking red

Pleaze i really need helpppppppppppppppppppppppppp

What am I doin wrong????

Dhiz iz ma First Time Installin da modchip

1. First i opened da xbox like it sayz in da guide

2. then took out da dvd rom hard drive etcc

3. then check ma Chip it iz "C O N E X A N T:

4.Remove da screwz from mother board N took da motherboard

5. Remove the pin shown in da picture from da distributed

6. Solder the holez for pinheader

7. Place da pinheader in holez on da xbox

8. IsolatedWires:
White, yellow, green, black