namek0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Stuff!
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

I haven't been following the xbmc scene very well since the start of summer. Basically, the version I'm using now is when they first implemented the "shortcut." Just thought I'd give you an idea of what version I was still using. It's crazy, I thought I'd be able to just jump right back into the loop but there have been a LOT of changes since May.

My question is, is it possible to view an animated gif using the newest version of XBMC? I've went through miles of cvs change logs and come up with nothing. I've also searched the forum to find nothing but avatar style questions.

Thanks in advance guys!

#2 dhrandy1

dhrandy1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Computers, XBox, Guitars
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2006 - 09:16 PM

Yes it is. The Orbs skins and MC360 skin use animated Gifs.

#3 namek0

namek0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Stuff!
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

Yes, I'm digging up an ancient thread of mine, but I never did resolve my original situation forever and ever ago.

I've since soft/hard modded many xboxs, and not a single one can display an animated gif in the "my pictures" section. Just to clarify I'm not talking about gifs in skins, we're talking my pictures when I want to view awesome_picture.gif or something similar. All I have been able to do is view the first frame of the gif, with 0 animation whatsoever.

I've had many many builds of XBMC, the most recent being a build from March 2008. This has been a very vague topic for far too long, and I would just like to know if people can view gifs in this fashion or not. I've done most of my efforts with evox or xbmc, having played too much with any of the alternates yet but I"m willing to try anything. Thanks in advance gentlemen!

Edited by namek0, 11 May 2008 - 08:55 PM.

#4 imickey503

imickey503

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 03:27 PM

I found the animated Gif. and used it in the mayhem 3 skin. It is the one that is a round circle. thing in the X360 skin. I tried to load up other GIF's but only this one works and I am not sure why. I think it just has to match some kind of resolution or something. I will try it out but it does support it.

Man I know this post is like old, but I thought it would be best to fill out the holes in the Info on the net.

I am going to try to see if I can try to copy the file off the xbox via FTP and just see if can see just what it is that makes it tick so I can duplicate it later with another program to make animated icons for allot of things. I am still rocking a old Xbox, and got the apple TV. Not sure if the AppleTV will do the same, but it would be cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users