sutterman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:computers and xbox... thats it
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:28 AM

ok ive been searchin the site so far, and have been unsuccessful in finding anything about it, so im sorry if its already been posted... but ive been following every tutorial online to make the linux.iso cd and everytime i make it, it works fine, up until i have to lock the hard drive... it keeps saying the eeprom.bin was not found on the cdrom... so i was hoping that some1 could tell me or point me to the right direction to find out what to do... sorry again in advance if this has already been posted but i did a search and couldnt find it...

#2 neovader

neovader

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:24 AM

Did you have a backup of your eeprom when you made the cd?

#3 sutterman21

sutterman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:29 AM

well im kinda a noob, but if u mean did i backup the eeprom on the evox dash then ftp it to the computer, yeah i did that, then i put it in the xboxhdm\linux\eeprom folder like all the tuts told me .... so i dont really understand what im doin wrong... i swear i made like 6 discs of xboxhdm lol

#4 ru4r34l

ru4r34l

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE(sutterman21 @ Aug 24 2006, 09:36 PM) View Post

well im kinda a noob, but if u mean did i backup the eeprom on the evox dash then ftp it to the computer, yeah i did that, then i put it in the xboxhdm\linux\eeprom folder like all the tuts told me .... so i dont really understand what im doin wrong... i swear i made like 6 discs of xboxhdm lol

When you backed up your eeprom there should be a few files that are backed up, (the ones in the backup folder) you can try putting all those files in the xboxhdm\eeprom folder and try to unlock/lock you drive again. Unfortunately it may seem that you will have to create a seventh xboxhdm disc.

alternatively you can copy those files from your eeprom backup to an A:\ drive and search for the eeprom.bin file on the A:\ drive, good luck.

regards..

ru4r34l

#5 sutterman21

sutterman21

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:58 AM

well thnx dude, but i thought of that too with putting all the other files in there that comes with the eeprom folder... but i dont know it didnt work.... i really dont know what im doin wrong ... and i would try with the A: drive thing, but my computer doesnt even have a floppy drive in it so i dont know what to do about that.... the only thing i can think of is that im using a dvd rather then a cd, but i didnt think that would cause nething different to happen.... oh well, ill just keep messing around with it until i figure something out.... but thnx for tryin to help dude, i appreciate it

#6 GMD1987

GMD1987

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:29 AM

This might be a stretch, but I had the exact same problem as you. I renamed EEPROM.BIN to eeprom.bin in the linux/epprom(before you write the iso). I have no clue why this worked, maybe linux doesn't like caps?
Worth a shot tho.

#7 KilluminatiStyle

KilluminatiStyle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2007 - 01:39 AM

Do as GMD1987 suggested and make the filename all lower case including the extension. I had this problem as well.

#8 freesafety13

freesafety13

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:04 AM

If you're not creating a big enough buffer when you burn the dvd, it will become difficult for linux to read the proper roots from the dvd. Since you probally only used your backed up C: along with your dashboard and eeprom.bin, then one off the major contributing factors of it not working is the fact you're using a 4.6 GB disc to burn 40 MB of information, thats leaving 4.2 GB's unused on the disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users