Photo

Do You Use The Backwards Compatibility Feature Of The Xbox 360?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you use the Backwards Compatibility feature of the Xbox 360?

Do you use the Backwards Compatibility feature of the Xbox 360?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 alxtz

alxtz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(XBOXCUSTOMS69 @ Aug 27 2006, 10:49 PM) View Post

My xbox1 is all i need, and no im not too poor to afford the 360 i think its just way over rated.

Same here , Way too over rated and + ill wait till the H3 bundle come out if no bundle, well ill buy both when H3 come out

Edited by alxtz, 29 August 2006 - 05:49 PM.

#32 DuckOfDeath

DuckOfDeath

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:36 PM

All I can say is, "Project Gotham, Project Gotham, Project Gotham." Why does no one listen?

-Duck!

#33 jo2jo

jo2jo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:14 PM

halo 2 is all i play via the emulation... 360 is very tight!

#34 OTSS

OTSS

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:49 PM

yesterday couterstrike got added to the list. there goes another game I will be playing alot of. damn the backwards compatibility is getting better and better

#35 heydricas

heydricas

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:56 PM

When will they make Jet Set Radio Future, Phantasy Star Online or SSX ON TOUR compatible?

#36 SovietSlayer

SovietSlayer

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:54 AM

I wish panzer dragon and otogi 1/2 where on the list. But its selling well without b.c. is because xbox 1 has so few great games that people would still play even now.

#37 The Zep Man

The Zep Man

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

I do not even have an Xbox 360 yet. The few games that are really worth it to buy one are not enough. Besides, I do not even play much games on my Xbox, which will suffice when one of my friends come over for a quick game of Star Wars: Battlefront 2 (or another game which is nice to play when you're sitting on the couch).

Besides, XBMC rocks my box and I don't want to sacrifice that.

#38 nishu

nishu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:08 PM

The only game I consistently play on my Xbox 360, out of both Xbox and Xbox 360 games, is Halo 2. My Xbox is modded and got banned from Xbox Live (which I'm still resentful about) so that's the only way to do it for me, and really my only real use of the 360 so far.

#39 speedy_g

speedy_g

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2006 - 10:17 PM

I call it "retardabilty"... 'cause I own both systems, yet I haven't found single reason to play 'em on my xbox 360 system. Why "retardabilty" one might ask? Simply cause it's aimed for masses... every one knows that there are a lot issues with the whole emulation and the best experience comes for xbox1 games comes with original xbox. The only reason for the emulation I can find is purely for marketing purpose.... buyers that don't have the original box might not notice the difference and will actually benefit it, well at least in away... with some glitches, jerky graphics and low frame rates but what the hell it's still compatible!

Those who think that I'm a hardcore gamecube or playstation fan I'm not. Yes, i've owned both systems... but I ended up with these two systems and I'm quite happy with the 360 system as I had no intent to play older generation xbox games. I bought it on the launch date....

The only games that I'd have small intress to be able to play on the new system are Project Gotham Racing 2 and Rally sport challenge 2. Which to my knowledge are both unsupported.

I know that the emulation was vital to MS but if you must have it do it like Nintendo platforms....example last weekend we had a LAN-party with my friends. We ended up playing the nintendo 8-bit games (world cup etc...) on the original platform. It's just so much fun! of course there's a little bit of that retrospective feeling.... =D

They have done a tremendous supporting older generation games on nextgen consoles.

Props to both comming consoles Wii and PS3.

Wii is a must buy... the best party games have been on Nintendo.

for those who say, it ain't easy to emulate the xbox hardware. I know it, but the should have done better job at first so some of us wouldn't had so high hopes.

Edited by speedy_g, 30 August 2006 - 10:31 PM.

#40 henmill

henmill

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • Interests:computers, video games, modding, general electronics

Posted 31 August 2006 - 03:13 AM

halo 2.......btw, I think the 360 was worth it just for geo-wars!

#41 UTMOD

UTMOD

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:08 AM

I would use it but every time I try to put in a game I realize it's not supported, they need to get some more games updated.

#42 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:07 AM

i can bet u if u put into the pole mostly just for halo 2 that would get the most votes in this pole

#43 gsharpshooter

gsharpshooter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:22 AM

QUOTE(Xbox Pimp @ Aug 27 2006, 05:26 PM) View Post

If my 360 would stop locking up during Halo 2, then maybe I would use this feature more. Two Xbox 360s later and it still locks up. Haha, I give up.

Ok umm lemme help u out here buddy so u can enjoy it more and u can thanx me ok try this first put it in a well ventilated area literally put a table where ur 360 is dont leave it any where else unless u have a wooden floor or something hard like that not carpet carpet = bad if thats not the problem make sure its still well ventilated even says so in the manual ok next try getting a shoe box and let ur power brick hang out so almost all 6 sides could let out heat or make it dangle i nthe air by a peace of string and if thats not it make sure u have ur xbox 360 plugged into a good socket if not good try another spot or buy something to make the electricty to ur xbox 360 power brick smoother and better if that dont work i dunno cuz i played halo 2 for about 24 hrs now and no it didnt stop once although it might on ur screen show another map on another map ur playing say level before u were playing was say zanzibar and then after u went to lockout and u saw some zanzibar it migth be the emulator not sure or just ur xbox heating up to much or its kinda getting tired so turn it of then on or give it rest for 5 min then enjoy again try that and my hands hurt from typing.!?

Edited by gsharpshooter, 31 August 2006 - 06:26 AM.

#44 Mega_mil

Mega_mil

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(heydricas @ Aug 29 2006, 11:03 PM) View Post

When will they make Jet Set Radio Future compatible?

Ditto... biggrin.gif I got get why this isn't on the list. I mean come on. It was like one of the first games on the system and it had a bitchin soundtrack tongue.gif

#45 bLiTz 2k

bLiTz 2k

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests:umoms

Posted 31 August 2006 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(heydricas @ Aug 29 2006, 06:03 PM) View Post

When will they make Jet Set Radio Future, Phantasy Star Online or SSX ON TOUR compatible?

was that a statement or a legitimate question smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users