2 replies to this topic

#1 Telemachus

Telemachus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 12:36 AM

So, after all day long I finally beat that lame CIA mission on Splinter Cell. 8 hours plus of that, and then a few movies on the BOX, and my ears were ringing with that crazy hum of the BOX. I finally had to put a towel over the thing to be able to hear the quiet parts of the movie. Needless to say, that towel got kinda hot. smile.gif

That noise has gotten on my nerves before, but never like that! I had to take 800mg of ibuprofen to get rid of the headache.

So, what makes the thing so loud? Is it the Fan (mine is a 1.1). It isn't the DVD drive spinning.
Anyone made any mods to make the thing quieter? (ie: changing the fan, enclosing it in a sound-proof glass case, etc...)

I know, it isn't as loud as the PS2, but it is loud! uhh.gif

#2 Grandpa

Grandpa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:19 AM

There is a huge tut on it.

#3 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:20 AM

first lesson in softening the xbox's noise, and to maximise gameplay experience, ...

1) Make more noise than your xbox does --> get good amplifiers, 5.1 surround, all the shits and pump the volume till you can't hear a thing but the game! hehhe

2) regarding ur xbox, well, i have a v1.0 and i find v1.0 is generally louder than v1.1 though..... so u should be lucky! ...come and listen to mine for crying out loud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users