4 replies to this topic

#1 HomicidalMo0se

HomicidalMo0se

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:03 AM

i did everything right. or to my knowledge. what i did was follow geebee's tutorial, did the hotswap method, and i used the correct files.

this is my friend's 360 and i'm trying to flash it for him. but the backups never work. they either: a.) go to the music player for some reason; b.) show the "put this in a 360 to play it" video; or c.) say it's an unreadable disc and that i should clean it.

the thing is they all work with my 360 which has a samsung (it's what i used to hotswap).

now, i don't know if i did anything wrong. because there was no error during the flash21.bat process. it even said i passed the flashing process 100% (or something like that). i also even tried to flash21.bat it again, but it said there was no need for that (because it's already flashed, i'm assuming).

the hitachi isn't bricked or anything. it still works with original xbox and 360 games. but no backups. sleep.gif

so... yeah... i have no idea what i did wrong... yet it still doesn't work.

poop.

#2 Neptune

Neptune

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:16 AM

Use latest birdy flasher from the usual places and see if that fixes the problem. If not get a Pioneer 111D drive as the pioneers are the only drives confirmed working for the Hitachi.

#3 HomicidalMo0se

HomicidalMo0se

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:20 AM

really? only that pioneer drive? i didn't know that...

that sucks... but i guess it makes sense now, because i used the plextor 760a to backup games.

sad.gif

Edited by HomicidalMo0se, 28 August 2006 - 01:21 AM.

#4 dalton4life

dalton4life

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:51 AM

Lite On burners work too. I have one that worked for me on a couple of Hitachis.

#5 HomicidalMo0se

HomicidalMo0se

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

okay, i've downloaded the birdy flasher and i have a question. in both the garyopa and birdy methods, it says you can shut down the system. is that the 360 or my pc? i'm was never quite sure.

can anyone clarify for me?

edit: dalton, that's cool. if i may ask, which method did you use to flash your hitachi?

double edit: i've just flashed the hitachi using the birdy method and now it's giving me the "open tray" message for originals and backups. argh... X_x

Edited by HomicidalMo0se, 28 August 2006 - 02:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users