#1 towerblocks

towerblocks

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Hi

Can you adjust the height of the laser in both samsung and hitachi drives, Like you can in the ps2 with the little cog.

#2 WinbonD

WinbonD

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:38 AM

i took it apart to do the pot tweak but i haven't payed attention to the laser,

i am pretty sure that there is no laser hight adjustment ,

#3 hotrodxlr8r

hotrodxlr8r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:05 PM

yes you can adjust the laser height. the process is done by actually raising or lowering the entire cd spindle motor! remove the bottom panel from teh drive, you will see 3 tint hexagonal screws securing the motor. the two silver ones are the adjustment screws. they are spring loaded, i used this method to set them. Screw them in until tight (dont overtighten!!) then unscrewed them one full and a 1/4 turn of the torx screwdriver. works a dream!!

cheers

#4 hotrodxlr8r

hotrodxlr8r

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE(hotrodxlr8r @ Mar 7 2007, 01:12 PM) View Post

yes you can adjust the laser height. the process is done by actually raising or lowering the entire cd spindle motor! remove the bottom panel from teh drive, you will see 3 tint hexagonal screws securing the motor. the two silver ones are the adjustment screws. they are spring loaded, i used this method to set them. Screw them in until tight (dont overtighten!!) then unscrewed them one full and a 1/4 turn of the torx screwdriver. works a dream!!

cheers

here is the picture so you can see exactly what im talking about.

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users