• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 optikshell

optikshell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:09 AM

does anyone know what the possible implications / benefits of the chameleon are? i mean REALLY know. are there some ideas about what it would be capable of? thanks.

#2 Samara

Samara

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:27 AM

It's just a normal modchip with software controllable dip switches. It's nothing revolutionary or amazing and it hasn't started shipping yet either.

#3 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:57 AM

It will allow Matrix modchip users who get the Chameleon to flash with bigger BIOSES

#4 kryo

kryo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 08:51 AM

I can see no real reason of favoring other chips over chameleon, because it still has a lowish price compared to it's competition. Sure it's nothing REVOLUTIONARY (although I personally like the idea of not having to open your xbox to switch stuff), but it has all the features of it's pricey rivals anycase, and then some, for a lower price.

Can't say anything about quality of construction yet, but useless chameleon flames aren't to be taken too seriously imho. Usually people see through fanboyism, but there's always the danger of getting dragged along ... :)

I'm just trying to face the facts here...

#5 ravencry

ravencry

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:15 AM

its a newer chip

it does what order chips did,
plus the new stuff they added like the software controll, etc

why dont you read about its list of features on the official website?

and yes the price is something to take into account.

#6 Samara

Samara

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 02:39 PM

The price is now only $5 cheaper than the x2 and it's still not shipping as promised. The fact that you have to buy it from Easybuy is also something you should take into account.

#7 cribby08

cribby08

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 May 2003 - 03:46 PM

I have an x2 pro and I still pre-ordered the chameleon just b/c it was only $25. I am pretty excited to see what it can do. I plan on using to try to flash TSOP. I still don't know if the x2 pro can be out done. I have had a wondeful experinance with my x2 pro. I hope the chameleon is just as good.

My brother has a matrix and I was really disappointed with it. I thought is was going to be of the same caliber as the x2 pro. I hope xodus has better luck with the chameleon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users