17 replies to this topic

#1 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:13 AM

well..i am a newbie to xbox modding, this is my first one..so bear with me. First i painted my xbox case. after re-assembling the case back together, i realized i forgot to paint the half of the dvd tray that comes to the middle of the case, above the power and eject button. but heres a pic.

user posted image

Then after that, i did the eject led swap from green to red...it was simple enough...

user posted image

Then i did a on/off switch in my controller-s. not much room to work with in the controller, but i like where i ended up putting the switch. totally out of the way from accidentally getting hit.

user posted image

theres more to come later..i'll probablly paint that last part of the case when i have it apart again at the end of the week to install my matrix modchip.

Brian

Edited by oppie1, 12 May 2003 - 04:26 AM.

#2 brahm2

brahm2

Internet Superstar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:I'm an EE student at the UofS in Saskatoon. I love guitar and drinking beer.. sometimes both.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:55 AM

looks good - what kind of paint did you use?

#3 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:00 AM

car paint... dont know the name of the brand..but the color was called Honda Silver... $0.99 at a local liquidator store near me called Ollies.

#4 Jet Pilot

Jet Pilot

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:05 AM

HAHAHA
Ollies is so getto.... We have one about a half an hur from my place in Dundalk Maryland.... where do you live?

#5 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (Jet Pilot @ May 12 2003, 07:05 AM)
HAHAHA
Ollies is so getto.... We have one about a half an hur from my place in Dundalk Maryland.... where do you live?

i'm in the Philly burbs, out west a lil..near Valley Forge

Brian

#6 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 03:32 PM

todays activities were a lil more fun smile.gif installed my old xbox w/ my enigmah modchip in my car..

user posted image
user posted image

#7 sWedEn, Götet

sWedEn, Götet

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 04:21 PM

Thats just Great!
But...Your old Xbox? dry.gif

#8 ScifiKG

ScifiKG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:04 PM

Very Nice. ohmy.gif I'd really like to know how you powered lcd and xbox. I've seen those inverters you can plug into a ciggertte lighter, but I'd like to know how to get power directly from battery. Looks like you did that. Also how did you connect audio to car speakers? Thats alot of info to request. Maybe you could just direct me to some websites and/or tutorials that you found helpful?

#9 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (sWedEn, Götet @ May 12 2003, 06:21 PM)
Thats just Great!
But...Your old Xbox? dry.gif

well..my old Enigmah modded xbox...the one u see painted above here is my new one, just waiting for my matrix to arrive....i didnt wanna de-solder the enigmah (29 wires was a bitch to put in, and i'm not gonna get rid of it)..so i got a used xbox at a local pawn shop for $50 (v1.1 w/ controller-s) and thats gonna be my main one in the house after it gets modded.

Brian

#10 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (ScifiKG @ May 12 2003, 07:04 PM)
Very Nice.   ohmy.gif   I'd really like to know how you powered lcd and xbox.  I've seen those inverters you can plug into a ciggertte lighter, but I'd like to know how to get power directly from battery. Looks like you did that.  Also how did you connect audio to car speakers?  Thats alot of info to request.  Maybe you could just direct me to some websites and/or tutorials that you found helpful?

what i did was i already had my trunk wired for a amp and sub..put a switch on the power line coming from the battery...one lead going to my amp the other going to my power inverter..so i can switch between the 2 for power. the xbox is mounted in the trunk and i have the power on/off button mod so i can just open my glove box, flip the switch to kill power to the amp, and send juice to the inverter, hit the power button on the lcd and then hit the on/off button on my controller.

as for the audio..yeah..my headunit has an RCA in in the back, but i already had XM radio using the RCA in, i just got a splitter and the XM and Xbox share the line in, so just change my HU to Line in, and get the audio for the xbox, but gotta make sure my xm tuner is turned off

Brian

Edited by oppie1, 12 May 2003 - 05:55 PM.

#11 MrWizdumb

MrWizdumb

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:45 PM

wow thats actually pretty cool.... i'd still prefer my xbox in my room smile.gif

#12 oppie1

oppie1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (MrWizdumb @ May 12 2003, 07:45 PM)
wow thats actually pretty cool.... i'd still prefer my xbox in my room smile.gif

yeah..i got on in the room too..next to my gamecube and ps2, heh

Brian

#13 johnney5

johnney5

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Interests:gold teetheses
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:40 PM

$50 for an xbox, lucky bastard

#14 jopo

jopo

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 12:36 AM

man i could really use an extra xbox to try a bunch of mods on that i would be to afraid to do with the one i have right now. i think ill start searching the pawn shops like averyday. lol but cool mod with the car and the xbox. your one of the first people with the chips that were really hard to put in. I only had to soldert he 9 with the x2p, and then some people buy the pogopins. really cool man.

#15 nachonut

nachonut

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Interests:I install all mods for XBOX. You need it done, I can do it. PM me or email me nachonut@nyc.rr.com

Posted 13 May 2003 - 04:30 AM

Very nice job. I was thinking of doing this soon when I get my new car in a month.. already started to make some led light sets to put around the car. The lcd screen and xbox MIGHT be next.. i'm not sure about putting the xbox in the car.. space wise..... i was thinking of under the seat.. but this has been adressed before, so trial and error will come out of this one..

I guess i'll just post it when the time comes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users