#1 arcane100

arcane100

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

Can anybody please help me out with a question.

I am ripping COD2 (Pal) using wxripper and Im fairly sure its a good rip, no errors, 7.05g and fully extractable with wx360

When i load the ISO into SSmerger 1.6 and I verify the MD5 online after a short while I get a message

"7 ISO Settings found" the drop down box has COD2 NTSC selected, does this mean

1) my version of the game is actually the ntsc version (i dont think this is the case)
or
2) COD2 is actually region free and I should use the MD5 that has been selected for me
or
3) I have to choose the best match from the list that have been given to me ?

I have thought that 3) is the case and have actually tried all 7 versions with the SS i have extracted but I have yet to see the SS box's turn green. Can anyone help please ?

Is there any absolute way to verify my SS extraction with the Hitachi drive ?

I have a Hitachi 47DJ with Xtreme v2.1 firmware - Hitachi 7in1 and am using drivetools v1.2 to extract the SS

#2 WinbonD

WinbonD

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:18 PM

some ntsc ss.bins work fine with the uk games ,

ss extraction doesn't work well with Hitachi drives , some people got it to work , a lot of people didn't,

use the ss you extracted and burn a test disc , if it works , ull know ur hitachi can extract the ss properly ,

dont go by the red /green in the ss merger

#3 arcane100

arcane100

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:36 PM

Ok thx for your reply. ill ignore the red/green

My pioneer 111d arrives in the morning so im hoping it's going to sort out my problems, up until now ive had allot of unreadble disc errors.

Any ideas if there is a way to test an extracted SS from my hitachi without burning ? im upto me ears in frisbees right now

I have used drive tools and I get an SS in the right box, also getSS.exe seems to work ok but I have no real idea if the numbers relate to the md5 or if they are made up useless rubbish

#4 WinbonD

WinbonD

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:49 PM

the ss merger has a database of the ss by md5 but you might have a working ss that md5 wont much any in the database,

best way to test it is to burn it

#5 arcane100

arcane100

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:53 PM

Ok. ill be trying that when my pioneer gets here,

Any idea if there is anyway to merge my SS with my iso without using ss merger ?

Or is it possible to edit an SS.bin file before i merge it so I can try another SS # that I extracted with another firmware ?

btw thx for reply

#6 receipt

receipt

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(arcane100 @ Aug 29 2006, 05:00 PM) View Post

Ok. ill be trying that when my pioneer gets here,

Any idea if there is anyway to merge my SS with my iso without using ss merger ?

Or is it possible to edit an SS.bin file before i merge it so I can try another SS # that I extracted with another firmware ?

btw thx for reply

I have the same drive and the same problems you have. Only with COD my version came up with PAL next to the name even thought it is NTSC and it still worked. I did have both boxes green. But when I tried to back up my Prey I had the same problem with not matching MD5 and SS numbers. Weird thing is the ss from the Pal COD matched the numbers to the MD5 for prey. I tried to burn it but it got stuck at 3%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users