• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 smullen

smullen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:57 AM

Sup everyone... I'm new here... smile.gif like ya didn't know...

I have a 2000 Chevy S-10 Blazer thats lowerered about 6", Painted dark redish Maroon with Golden Ghost Flames and 20" rims as well as a few other mods

I have a decent audio sytem with a Kenwood DVD Head unit and 5" LCDs in the Visors and LCDs in the rear, a few amps and JL Subs...

Your prolly thinking, SO, what this got to do with Xboxes

Well, I'm am the V.P. of a a local (to me) car club and we go to alot of shows, sound off, stereo comps and what not. and a few of the other members in my car club and I have put X-boxes in our rides and we like to Play Multi-Player Vehicle to Vehicle HALO!!!

Its a Blast at Car shows.. People Freak out... When the Subs a re Boomin from ther Explosions and everything it draws a pretty good crowd...

Anyone one here got an Xbox in their car or Truck??? (got any pics)

Also, the main reason for posing here I have a few questions on Moding my Xbox...

Nothing Illegial, just want to make it custom...

I want to take my xbox out of the Black case and build it into a custom center console among the other guages and switches and crap.. I mean I want the DVD Drive from the Xbox, the Power buttons and controller Ports and all that mounted or made into the console.... Anyone have info on how to take out all the parts and put them in another case.... I'm sure it'll be a pain and I'm goig to have to lean how to do some trick fiberglass work, but I'm sure it can be done..

Click here to Take a Look at my Ride, let me know what ya think

Edited by smullen, 12 May 2003 - 06:03 AM.

#2 shanafan

shanafan

He Who Posts Alot...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2003 - 06:49 AM

So where's the interior shots of the Xbox?

#3 Mshake

Mshake

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 07:24 AM

lol take out the entire back section and fit it with a huge widescreen tele! + use a 2nd or maybe 3rd battery to power up the console ! that'd be cool smile.gif

btw, nice ride...

#4 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 May 2003 - 05:40 PM

I used to have my DC in my Saturn mounted to the rear seat since the fold down and then you just had to put the disc in. It was pretty sweet for a while until it got old and now it's sold. I was going to put my XBOX back there but since I got 3 JL 10's in the trunk now all those magnets would probably wreak havoc on my hard drive. (Maybe if I really care of have ambition someday I'll get a really long IDE cable and mount the box in the trunk and then put like a 120 gig hard drive somewhere in the car where it would be safer.

#5 JdeezXBOX

JdeezXBOX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding and Trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:24 PM

i am thinkin bout putting my xbox in my truck once i get bucket seats and make a new center console check my WWW for pictures hey and i am only 15 so i got a while to mess wiht it

#6 Harry Paratestes

Harry Paratestes

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 09:32 PM

I am in the middle of a "Budget" Install in a Suzuki Sidekick Sport 4X4. I will have pictures as soon as I get the Video enclosure completed.

The XBOX fits neatly under the Drivers seat, I would ultimately like to install the RC dongle in dash to controll the XBOX without the Controler. As far as progress goes I have had it working for a couple of weeks. I didnt want to go all out and find out that it quit working. I have had it running for up to 2 hours without any problems, (As long as the Car is running)

I am using a Pioneer 60 watt power inverter, a generic FM modulator for the sound. and a Game Cube 5.6 TFT display mounted in dash. Minus the XBOX the install should come in under $200.

#7 smullen

smullen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:43 AM

QUOTE (shanafan @ May 12 2003, 08:49 AM)
So where's the interior shots of the Xbox?

Well, I didn't take any shots of the Xbox in the truck as its just tucked behind the front passenger seat and is not really that impressive... I rarely have anyone in the back..

I did take some shots of the LCDs in the visors and of the Head unit...

If you Click on this link it will take you to a directory with several .jpgs of the LCDs w/ me playing HALO and watching Star Wars, as well as a few (large file size), but low quality .mpgs of the same...

Actualy the audio, is not bad to be taken with a digital camera...

When I get the Xbox done up better, I'll post some..

#8 JdeezXBOX

JdeezXBOX

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding and Trucks
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 May 2003 - 10:49 PM

I am behind u 100% Xbox in Da Ride Makes a Hit at the car shows along with a good soundsystem

#9 w m z

w m z

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 11:00 PM

I'm thinking of installing one in my Yacht . . . just need to make everything water tight laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users