4 replies to this topic

#1 vanight

vanight

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 02:59 PM

Hello, its been a while since I have been on the forum as my xbox has been successfully in "testing" mode for sometime now. Other than correcting chip allignment every few months I have had no problems. Other than there have been some games that have become corrupted and simply stop working. I writing today because I found a Pioneer A03 for a very good price and recall that being the way to go, at least in the xbox days.

Now that Globe360 has released there testing chip for the 360, I am considering purchasing one, once the price drops a bit more, or I find a wholesale distributor for Xbox's.

I want to know if the A03 will still work for backup up Xbox 360 games. I may still get it even if it wont work because I still have a PSone, and Xbox. It would be nice though if it worked for Xbox 360. I heard that Xbox 360 is HD which is the main reason I am asking. I didnt know if that fact changed the requirements for backup or not.

Thanks!

Vanight

Copyright 2006 All rights reserverd without prejudice. UCC 1-207
I am not a member of law enforcement.

#2 Niteman1969

Niteman1969

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:33 PM

Not a chance.... the pioneer A03 doesn't burn dual layer dvd+r discs

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

Yup, as for "very good price" you gotta be kidding me. Regardless of what country you live in these days the latest and most recommended burners (ie Pioneer 111D) are more than affordable. The A03 is also long out of production so the burner would be horribly overused or a refurb. Neither of which are something that I would trust given the cost of a brand new burner these days. Either way it is a moot point as it doesn't support the media necessary to do 360 backups (D/L DVD+R).

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,495 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Football (US), Pro Wrestling, Anime
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:09 PM

how cheap is an A03 for a "good price"? you can get an 111d for $37. like others said, you MUST use dual layer media for 360 backups, even if the game is small enough to fit on a single layer disc (becuase of how the security sectors work)

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

Actually you can get the 111D for even less if you keep an eye out for specials. Paid $32 shipped for mine from newegg a couple of weeks ago AND I got a 50 pack of 16x IJ Printable Verbatim DVD-R for free with it, yeah they are single layer discs but will certainly come in handy for other applications.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users