desertboy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:09 AM

I bought a hard disk fan from Maplins model code TK48C
http://www.maplin.co...ges/26531i0.jpg

it was mounted on to the bottom of the hard disk. I had to cut a hole into the hard disk tray to be able to fit the lid down properly. Then because this is dumping a lot of hot air from the hard disk into the case I put an 80mm fan on the back of the case behind the xbox's own fan sucking air out. These are both powered by splitting the hard disk power cable.

The bottom of the hard disk fan (the shielding under the fan not the fan itself) is touching a peice of metal on the xbox power supply. I've added foam insulating pads to the metal on the power supply and built it all back up.

It all appears to work ok, what I want to know is is it ok to power to fan's off the hard disk cable as well as the hard disk. Is it going to ok with the metal to foam pad to metal. I will try and get some photo's and post which metal piece I mean. It's silver sticking up rectangular with screws coming out of it.

Did I put the fan in the right place blowing the right way. It's sucking air out from where the xbox fan is.

Edited by desertboy, 12 May 2003 - 10:12 AM.

#2 Fire

Fire

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Internet<br />Cars<br />Computers<br />Gadgets<br />Electronics<br />TV<br />Satellite
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 May 2003 - 10:32 AM

pictures will help biggrin.gif..

anyways.. it seems alright seeing that alot of ppl do put HDD Fans!!!...

cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users