• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lithium35

lithium35

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 10:55 PM

I modded my XBOX a number of years ago, and I am a little fuzzy on the specifics. I believe I have on of the Chameleon no sodder chips, but I am sure I have xecuter 2 bios (that's what shows up under the XBOX sign when I boot up.)

My dash board looks like the MS dash but I can change the titles and there is a menu for emulators etc... (Hardrive I think it was called originally)

I am now trying to FTP to my xbox, but I find I don't have a network settings option in my XBOX menus to find out what my IP address is. I have tried the Generic 192.168.0.3 etc... and I am using a cross over cable. I have not been able to get a ping response on any IP address I try.

What I am wondering is how do I get a network settings option? My ultimate goal is to be able to back up my XBOX games... do I need a new dash? If I do, which should I get and where?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 boob1966

boob1966

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 05:02 AM

is the dash got option or settings option if they have go find ip option and give your xbox a static ip of 192.168.1.2 then try
if not other option is by a boot dvd (AUTO INSTALLER DELUXE 3 OR SLAYER OR MAKE YOUR OWN)it will let you ftp to xbox
what are you trying to do anyway

#3 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 September 2006 - 06:17 AM

Moving to Newbie Chat...

Try all the dashes and use the one you like best. All the dashes are on Xbins.

#4 Burge

Burge

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

I have my xbox setup to use internet connection sharing which means its running on dhcp and therefore the ip address changes frequently.
I use this from my pc to scan my local network (XBOX and PC via cross over) and find out what the current ip of my xbox is if I am to lazy to go to the other room and find out from the box itself.

Net Scanner

Just set the ip range to 192.168.0.0 and 192.168.0.255

Hope this helps

Burge

#5 grovespaz

grovespaz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 September 2006 - 09:49 AM

It seems you are using the THC dash, or the Dash2Gam dash, or some other MS dash variant.

In settings there originally should be a FTP menu where you can set the ip address. If not, make an Evox Bootdisk, and then FTP (or, as boob1966(lol) said, use slayers)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users