1 reply to this topic

#1 roadrash

roadrash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 01:46 PM

found the following on the net and it helped me out after installing a modchip and getting this error. (mine was AV cable fault).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The status indicator light should be green while the Xbox video game system in on, or flash green when you press the eject button. If the status indicator light flashes continually during operation, the Xbox video game system has an internal problem:

Continual orange flashing: The Xbox console is too hot and will not play games until cooled. Place the Xbox console in a well-ventilated area away from other heat sources. Once the console cools, the flashing will stop and the Xbox video game system can be played.

Continual green and orange flashing: The AV cable is not connected properly.

All other patterns: Internal problem requires service. (xbox possibly knackered). if this occurs after fitting a mod chip, i would re-check for shorts or wrong/bad connections before binning it.

#2 roadrash

roadrash

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 10:28 PM

-----UPDATE------UPDATE---------UPDATE----------UPDATE

read further i found even more info especially concerning the PCBiosXX modchip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The status indicator light should be green while the Xbox video game system in on, or flash green when you press the eject button. If the status indicator light flashes continually during operation, the Xbox video game system has an internal problem:

Continual orange flashing: The Xbox console is too hot and will not play games until cooled. Place the Xbox console in a well-ventilated area away from other heat sources. Once the console cools, the flashing will stop and the Xbox video game system can be played.

Continual green and orange flashing : The AV cable is not connected properly.

flashing red and green: In the case of the PCBiosXX modchip i found that this meant the bios was bad. this only happens with the evolution-x bios's (the complex bios's work as is as they are in 1mb format). I found out that the evolution-x bios's when downloaded are in 256k format to keep space down. YOU NEED TO CONVERT THEM TO 1MB FORMAT. Included with the bios is a batchfile called "make1mb" that does this. To use it, you goto the dos command line and type

make1mb {input} {output}

IE:

make1mb 256k.Evx2.5.colormod.err.ybox.bin Evx2.5.colormod.err.ybox.bin

You will have a 1 mb version of the bios called Evx2.5.colormod.err.ybox.bin.

All other patterns: Internal problem requires service. (xbox possibly knackered). if this occurs after fitting a mod chip, i would re-check for shorts or wrong/bad connections before binning it.

--------------------

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users