• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wethepeople

wethepeople

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 04:29 AM

help please i have a 250 gig harrdrive that im trying to put in my xbox i have my xbox hdm cd made with my eeprom and c drive and all that , but when i try to boot into "boot text console with xbox drive utilities" or the vga console it give me an error saying code: 89 10 c7 01 00 00 00 00 89 42 04 8b 46 08 89 48 04 89 01 89
<0>kernel panic : attempted to kill init!

#2 darth nipples

darth nipples

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:59 AM

+1. I'm having the exact same problem (also with a 250g Western digital drive).

I honestly got further with xboxhdm (but never could get my box to acknowledge that the drive was locked) on my last motherboard but then either lightning (or hotswapping w/out using a ground wire) fried that mobo so I put the new one in... now I try to enter selection 1 in xboxhdm and I get the attempted to kill error and lock as well..

I'll be fervently watching this thread to see if there's any good info....

for the record, I DID burn a new 'linux' boot disk when I got the new board just in case there was any hardware settings that might get loaded into the configuration AND I'm doing everything I can to disable 'auto' settings in CMOS (both for the HDD and the DVD drive) but the furthest I can go is to manually enter the heads, cylinders, etc etc for the HDD.. if I turn 'auto' off for the dvd drive, it just doesn't see it...

Thanks in advance. pop.gif

#3 darth nipples

darth nipples

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 06:32 AM

found it.

Had to disable power management (acpi? apci?) in cmos...

BUT... gotta re enable it when rebooting into windoww..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users