• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Micjohvan

Micjohvan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Basketball, Computers, Street Racing. Friends and Family.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:02 AM

Hi everyone.

Recently I played through a game called Dreamfall on the xbox. i liked the game and knew that it was a sequel to a game for the PC called The Longest Journey.

Anyway I found and purchase a copy of the game to play on my PC as that was the only platform it was released on. I only have one computer and it runs on XP and the game and XP dont get along well. I have tryed everything to get it to work and looked online but everyone says run it on 98. Well I was thinking would it be possable to put linux on one of my xboxs and install the game on to the xbox and play it. if i could that would make my day. i have never used linux before but Im super fluent with all manner of Microsoft OS's and I have modded many a xbox. Anyway the game dosent have high requirments at all. A Pentium MMX 233 was top of the range when it was out and 32 mb of ram was more then enough so I think the xbox could handle it.

Anyway if this would be possable can anyone link me to guides to help me start on this. Thanks for any help anyone can offer me.

#2 wivenhoe

wivenhoe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:25 AM

No you can't do that. A Windows version of a game won't work on Linux.

#3 Micjohvan

Micjohvan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Basketball, Computers, Street Racing. Friends and Family.

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:28 AM

is there any way to tell if the game is linux compatable or is there a windows emulator for linux.

Does the xbox have the horsepower to run win95/98??? and if so why hasent it been done yet?

#4 jcdenton2003

jcdenton2003

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

Its basicly impossible to run games in linux anyway cuz just running linux strains the xbox. Just install windows 98 and Xp in duel boot if your so bothered... Or try running the game on xp but on the game .exe file run it under 98 emulation

Its should have enough power but there s not source code for windows and i think if it ever does happen in will be the final straw for microsoft and they will fly down and start kicking ass

#5 Micjohvan

Micjohvan

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

well then theres only one option left. We have to elect someone to break into MS HQ and get the source code... ph34r.gif

#6 mousey_

mousey_

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 12:42 PM

You Can Run Windows Applications In Linux.

You Use A Tool Called WINE Which Runs Some Windows Applications On Linux. Including Age Of Empires And I Think Office. Check Google For It Or It May Now Be Called Crossover Office.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users