14 replies to this topic

#1 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 02:21 AM

Hi,

I've been reading every threads regarding this issue, and it ended up nowhere. First of all, when I go into My Files and then click on WORKGROUP, it detect the Workgroup, and then it detect my computer, but when I click on my computer's name, nothing happens. My shared folder is properly configured. I thought it was a IP adress problem, because on my comp there's still an error coming up saying There's a conflict between 2 adresses. So I set up an Fixed IP to my Xbox. Still no Go.

I've cleared the cache, samething always happen. Wish someone can help me...

Thx

NeoSNIPER

#2 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:43 AM

fixed or dhcp dont matter, if you get a conflict you really need to look over your network, since the xbox is taking a ip that is already in use..

#3 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 08:52 PM

Greetings,

I've been able to repair my Network problem, my pc and my x-box doesn't take the same IP, but the original problem remains. I can't access at all my computer from my x-box.

NeoSNIPER

#4 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:12 AM

http://www.xboxmedia...uring_PC_Shares

#5 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:07 AM

I've been through that guide numerous time before posting this, that is why I'm here...

#6 Dr Dimento

Dr Dimento

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:56 AM

Try this....

On your computer, create a folder (name it "TEST") and put an XBE (or anything, really) in it.

Now share that folder. Start up your xbox and see if you can get in and see the XBE. If you have the shares password protected, make the login details something simple (ex: user: xbox pass:xbox). Previous versions of XBMC have had a problem with spaces in either the userid or password.

If that doesn't work, try accessing a share on your computer from another computer on the network just to make sure the fault isn't with your computer's settings.

Good luck

#7 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:22 AM

Ok I've been able to run a few tests tonight. Connection between PC to Xbox works perfectly. But xbox to pc do not work at all.

For Exemple, I go into My Files, then I click on WORKGROUPS, choose my workgroup, and then the computer's name appears, I click on it and.... nothing happens. Ok for this...

Then I tried to make a UPnP, to check out if it will work. Samething happened. Tell me that I can't access my computer, it says that I might not be connected to the network.... yeah right....

Internet works Fine with XBMC, so I dunno why it do not work...

NeoSNIPER

#8 blittan

blittan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:07 AM

try disabling the firewall on the computer..

Other than that, post a debug log on http://pastebin.ca .. press X+Y on startup, browse the network like when you get the errors, then reboot the xbox and ftp, in xbmcs folder there is a file called xbmc.log.old, paste that one

#9 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:06 PM

Ok Pals, I've done my homework, so here's the pastebin URL:
http://pastebin.ca/162444

NeoSNIPER

#10 pumkinut

pumkinut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:34 PM

How is the share set up on the PC? Do you have a user with an appropriate Username and Password combination setup on the PC and replicated on the Xbox? It's not as simple as just sharing the folder and expecting everything to automagically work.

What is the IP of the Xbox?
What is the IP of the PC?
What is the shared folder on the PC?
What is the username you're trying to use on XBMC?
What are the user accounts that have access to the share on the PC?
Have you tried not putting in a workgroup name and just going to the IP of the PC in the sources.xml file?
Any firewall software on the PC?

Edited by pumkinut, 06 September 2006 - 04:38 PM.

#11 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:09 PM

Arrrrfffff....

The IP of my xbox: 192.168.0.105
The IP of my PC: it's set as Automatic (Can't make it static because of my cable Internet)
The Shared folder of my PC: Test
No username or password is required
Everyone should have access to my computer
I've been trying to remove the workgroup name and direct acess in sources.xml: No Go

I've been doing this over and over...

What is making me pissed off, it's the fact that before my old router broke, everything was working perfectly.

#12 fdrzrich

fdrzrich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:44 PM

I had exactly that same problem on my parents setup - they have XP Pro on pc. Finally sussed it out by following the instructions for 'SMB sharaing the secure way' - on this link http://www.modzone.d...mp;threadid=265

Works like a dream after that! Let me know how you get on!

#13 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:16 PM

As I said earlier,

Direct connection between xbox and PC in sources.xml or xboxmediacenter.xml won't work. It don't recongnize the bookmark. And when it do, still not working...

If anybody want to help me live, just add me to your Messenger (thibo68@hotmail.com)

It would be very appreciated.

NeoSNIPER

#14 pumkinut

pumkinut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:57 PM

You may want to try adding a user with u/n:xbox p/w:xbox and setting it up that way just to be sure. You can follow the link in the xboxmediacenter.com wiki to hide the user on the welcome screen. Are you sure it's not the firewall? Have you tried turning off the firewall and seeing if a connection is possible? Not to sound harsh, but this is definitely user error. SMB streaming is working for just about everyone who uses XBMC, so the software is fine.

#15 NeoSNIPER

NeoSNIPER

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:07 AM

Well...

It's the last thing I'll try to do... but honestly, I don't think it will work. There's definitely a problem, and I believe the fact that's a user problem... I've tried anything and nothing seems to make the thing good. But I'm gonna solve this once and for all, I'm gonna format my computer. (I'm having other problems too) so I would like to thank everyone who took the time to write me back and trying to solve the damn thing.

Don't worry, I'll keep you informed

NeoSNIPER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users