5 replies to this topic

#1 victorfrost

victorfrost

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:48 PM

Well here is the whole story.
I have my own original copy of ntsc FF7 that I used cdrwin to rip to my pc hard drive and then sent it to my xbox via ftp. I have a good pcsx bios file that runs other games like tiwisted metal 2, klonoa, re directors cut, ff tactics, etc. I used the same drive and settings with cdrwin that I used to make the redirectors cut bin that works fine. My FF7 discs run fine in my psone/ps2. I have "unmapped the throttle key", turned "frameskip" off and turned "old frameskip" on just like everyone says to do. I know it is not necessary but I even tryed putting the cue file in the folder with the bin file. I have tryed switching out different bios files.

All I ever get is a black screen right after the pcsx v11 loading screen. Anyone have any ideas?

Also is there a better working (or any at all) version of pcsx for xbox or any other playstation emulator for xbox?

Edited by victorfrost, 03 September 2006 - 03:58 PM.

#2 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE(victorfrost @ Sep 3 2006, 04:55 PM) View Post

Also is there a better working (or any at all) version of pcsx for xbox

yes we are at version 16 of pcsxbox right now, and thats the main reason why the faqs didnt work for you,
cause they were all written for V13 of pcsxbox which was the most recent version at the time.

you should have just made sure that you had the then most recent version (v13)
and it would have worked fine, (though fine and pcsx dont really go together)

#3 victorfrost

victorfrost

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

Thanks a bunch. But beleive it or not i noticed that all of the faqs were for version 13 so i went and downloaded it and now it works fine. Is there any advantage to having all of the versions of pcsxbox in different folders? I have heard that some games like tekken3 worded on version 1 but no other.

#4 victorfrost

victorfrost

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

grumble............ now i have tryed to do what others said and put each individual disc in its own folder so you can play games with more than one disc. i used the same bin/cue and put it into a folder and it won't run. im bout to give up on playing ff7 on my xbox.

#5 VampX

VampX

X-S Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

Q : How can i continue playing a game that requires you to switch cd's? (save game wise)
A : put the bin/cue of each game in its own numbered folder (ff7a, ff7b ff7c), but name each bin/cue file in that dir the same.
(like with Final Fantasy 7 call all bin files FF7.bin) (dont number the bin files)
then when you save your game right before they ask for the second disc, you can run the second disc with that save.
it starts up just like normal.

#6 victorfrost

victorfrost

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 12:18 PM

those are the directions i followed. i used the same bin file and put it in its own folder but it won't run. i ripped the first disk of ff8 and it played........ once. now it won't run anymore. I didn't change any settings inbetween trying to run it the next time either. pcsx unstable?.......um yeah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users