#1 Pkdanno

Pkdanno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:16 PM

ok i was fooling around with an old xbox of mine i took it apart just to mess around and i tried to take out the jewel (the cirlcle xbox symbol sorry if i used the wrong wording) and i doesn't come out how the hell do you get this thing out if there even is a way someone please help me out thnx

#2 dpbmt

dpbmt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

stick the top part of your case in the freezer for 1/2 hour/hour then whack the back of the jewel
(not to hard ) then you need to cut a hole in the plastic that the jewel sits on i used a hole cutting
drill bit- you know what you cut holes with dry.gif , to clear the paint of the jewel to make it clear i
used brasso

have a look here

Edited by dpbmt, 04 September 2006 - 02:44 PM.

#3 Pkdanno

Pkdanno

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

awesome man thanx i was sitting there for like an hour last night just trying to push it thorugh ahah thnx though man

#4 r_one_oh_seven

r_one_oh_seven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

Heat up the top using a hair dryer, then force a butter knife underneath and use it to carve away the adhesive. That works much better than the freezer method.

#5 ph3inator

ph3inator

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 September 2006 - 07:01 PM

the freezer method is a very solid method, unlike the blow dryer. i actually prefer the googone method. you take some googone, cover the jewel, wait a minute take 2 precision screwdrivers and pry all around the jewel until it comes off. the reason i dont use the freezer method is because i usually dont want to wait half-an-hour. the blowdryer is a whole other story. i had a friend who did that and if you do it for too long, your case will warp and look all deformed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users