• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mediaboy

mediaboy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:58 PM

So I just got my 360 and have read some reviews of Oblivion. I hear it is massive and all who review it give kudos to developers. Do u people think it is good for a new RPG player? Is this something a first time RPG player can get into without knowing everything about the games that preceed oblivion?

Granted its one of the more expensive games on the 360..Guess I will need to rent this one first.. I have watched people play RPGS and I always think it is a bore fest...

#2 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

ok, i have NEVER played an rpg and didnt even know what they were about. i got xbox 360 and this is my first game so far and my first rpg. I love the game and i play it alot, i was on it for 8 hours a day the first month i got it in the summer! now i have beat the game, but it still is really fun to do side quests and etc. i think anyone can take a love for rpgs or continue that with this game, im really interested in rpgs now more than ever. My friend played rpgs sometimes but i could never really get into them and they were confusing, i guarranty buying this game will NOT be a waste of money lol.

#3 Scoobypup

Scoobypup

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 10:44 PM

I would highly suggest Oblivion for a new RPGer. That is of course if you have buttloads of free time to play it. Also, don't base RPGs on watching someone else play. Thats just boring. You actually have to play it yourself and get into the storyline and your character to truely appreciate an RPG.
Good luck. I've been playing for a month and am only at level 5. (no free time).

#4 CreziB

CreziB

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:54 PM

While Oblivion seems to be the choice rpg these days, I would recommend using the backwards compatibility of the 360 and check out a game called Sudeki for Xbox.

It is a nice rpg to get started with that retains a good look to not loose interest in light of next-gen visuals. The style of play is similar to Oblivion as you control your characters in real-time, not I hit the computer, then he hits me, then it's my turn again. I hate that.

Sudeki is not something that takes months to beat either. I rarely play rpg's and when I came back into the rpg realm, Sudeki managed to whet my appetite.

#5 crossfire1701

crossfire1701

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:23 AM

I'd also really recommend oblivion to you if you#re new to RPGs. I have never ever really played any of that stuff because I simply was never into them and now it seems I can't get my mind off oblivion and all the quests. whenever I have some time I'm at it...

#6 I Am Aurora

I Am Aurora

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:11 AM

wow there really hasnt been much traffic on the oblivion forums lately.... blink.gif sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users