Photo

How Do I Software Mod My Xbox Without A Mod Chip?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 diddy50

diddy50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:19 AM

I have a newer model xbox with the K:5838 and D:5960
I need to know how to software mod my xbox without a modchip or anything. Ive read all the faqs and forum posts and cant understand a dang thing.
I have an Ethernet cable hooked up from my computer to the xbox and i want to softmod it to play NES games and would really appreciate someone to help me with a description of everything to do, in order.

Also, does xbins require a modchip or what is that?

#2 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:29 AM

Have you read here? xbe exploits

All you need to access xbins is mirc and a ftp program on your pc

Edited by skyzerr33, 05 September 2006 - 05:30 AM.

#3 diddy50

diddy50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:40 AM

Yes ive seen that, but it requires a certain game or something that i dont have.

All i really want to do is get the FceUltraX NES Emulator on my xbox without a modchip. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

#4 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:49 AM

Sorry but that is your only option.
There is hotswapping have you thought about that?

I would recommend the gamesave exploit though very easy

#5 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:50 AM

Well, if you want to do it without a mod chip then you either have to do some sort of xbe exploit or TSOP flash. Your best bet for help is in the TSOP flashing section, the XBE Exploits section, or in the Newbie chat area. When you get your Xbox modded come back here if you still need help with emulators.

#6 diddy50

diddy50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:09 AM

the game save exploit i need the game right? Well i have Mechassault but the board says that only works with the older xboxes right? because it says for the 58___ model you need NFL Fever 2003, correct? Or is there something on here where i download something online from the game, which means i dont need the game?

Does mechassault exploit work on the newer xboxes?

#7 diddy50

diddy50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:21 AM

Im using xbins and correct me if im wrong but it is a SOFTMOD program with pretty much everything needed right? So i could just connect my comp to my xbox and transfer the files i get from xbins on my comp to my xbox right?

Please tell me so

#8 micbic

micbic

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:36 AM

Im using xbins and correct me if im wrong but it is a SOFTMOD program with pretty much everything needed right? So i could just connect my comp to my xbox and transfer the files i get from xbins on my comp to my xbox right?

Please tell me so

Its more in depth than that, you should go to the correct forum

#9 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:40 AM

Which is pretty much any forum but this.

Moving to Newbie Chat...

#10 dre74

dre74

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:16 PM

You can get an xchanger modchip for $20 and installation should not take more the 30 mins. A modchip is a better way to go especially if you don't already have the game needed and a memory card.

#11 Dr Dimento

Dr Dimento

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:29 PM

I have a brand new 1.6b i just softmodded without a problem using mechassault. I softmodded another 1.6 a month ago as well with no problem.

As long as your mechassault is the proper version you shouldn't have a problem.

Either way, modding out an infinite amount of XBOX's is worth a onetime investment of $30 (microsoft memory card + copy of mechassault/splintercell).

#12 kevhouse0308

kevhouse0308

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 12:46 AM

even if you don't have the game, you can pick them up pretty easily. I got a used mechassault game for about $2 at gamestop, pretty good condition. just make sure that you get the original version of the game, not the Platinum Hits version or anything cuz those have been patched up. You can get the softmod working from there with relative ease.

ALSO- make sure you're using a crossover cable, a plain ethernet cable won't work, or so I've heard.

#13 diddy50

diddy50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:40 AM

I have a few questions about softmodding my xbox, its a newer model (k:58 something).
1. Can i use an ethernet cable to connect my xbox to my computer to transfer files? If so HOW?
2. Ive seen a xbox 360 transfer cable and disk and want to know if they make an ORIGINAL xbox one and where to find it? Would i be able to use that with xbins to softmod my box?

any help is great, and ive read pretty much all the faqs and guides and all that soo i want straight answers please.
Ill post back if i have some more questions
Thanks again

#14 evilomen

evilomen

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:37 AM

Wow, for reading all the FAQs and all the guides you sure ask questions like someone who hasnt read anything at all. I suggest re-reading what you have "read" and you will answer your own questions

#15 diddy50

diddy50

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

ive read them over and over and i get mixed answers. Some say you can use the ethernet cable, some say you cant.
and i havent seen anything say anything about xbins being able to transfer files into a un-modchipped xbox. Or anything that says how to get an ethernet cable connected from an xbox to a computer...soooo can someone just help me out.

Im new to this stuff and dont understand all the technical words and whatnot which is why i need answers in basic "English"

Edited by diddy50, 06 September 2006 - 06:29 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users