X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

MC360, A spectacular masterpiece. No doubt. cool.gif
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few thing i wanted to notify:

1) The blade height of actual MC360 vs. the real 360 is different , considerably. I mean the boundary of the text saying "Xbmc live" , "media" , is shorter than the real 360. [This might have been fixed in the upcoming version].

IPB Image

2) The animation, when we come out of a sub window. The blades sliding from top of the other is too fast and jerky. - the animation should be considered reworking -- not ready for v1.0! [Refer to video from 1:51 - till the end]

3) When switching between the blades, the animation which happens before the buttons actually show up in 360. Doesn't actually happen!! [Refer to below video from 1:06 ]

[ Video says a thousand million words!]

----------------------

MC360 + XBMC = Cool factor. pop.gif

Edited by Mię«os∞ft, 05 September 2006 - 08:59 PM.

#2 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE(Mię«os∞ft @ Sep 5 2006, 03:54 PM) View Post

Here are a few thing i wanted to notify:

Things biggrin.gif

#3 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 September 2006 - 10:45 PM

1) actually its more that the top and bottom bits int he main window are bigger on a real 360 but we need to add more stuff in there

2) Honestly the whole thing is 2 damn slow as it is if anything I would rather speed up all the animations to make nav faster ( this wont happen )

3) see 2

note: 2 and 3 are my personal opinion and do not reflect the teams

but you do realize that this isn't suppossed to be 100% perfect for starters or skin does heaps of stuff the 360 dosn't, as well as xbmc does more things than the 360. Do you want us to remove all the extra stuff just so it looks the same like filemanager, python, weather, different gamer cards ?

#4 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE(Mię«os∞ft @ Sep 5 2006, 02:54 PM) View Post

1) The blade height of actual MC360 vs. the real 360 is different , considerably. I mean the boundary of the text saying "Xbmc live" , "media" , is shorter than the real 360. [This might have been fixed in the upcoming version].

Yes your right after looking on my 360 the blade height needs to be larger and moved up. It should look more like this
IPB Image

I never even noticed the difference untill I looked.
I changed it by messing with the postion and height of the blade just to show how it looks on the 360. This would not be the right way to do it. The blade.png's need to be remade for a proper fix.

As far as the blades on the right the 360 has a downward slope on them both ontop and bottom. Think you need to look a bit harder. It may not be as much of a slope but it's still there.

2) The animation, when we come out of a sub window. The blades sliding from top of the other is too fast and jerky. - the animation should be considered reworking -- not ready for v1.0! [Refer to video from 1:51 - till the end]

If you open the skin.xml in the mc360 folder and find this <effectslowdown>1</effectslowdown> change the value to a 2 should help you here

3) When switching between the blades, the animation which happens before the buttons actually show up in 360. Doesn't actually happen!! [Refer to below video from 1:06 ]

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

#5 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE(ventline @ Sep 5 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

I am referring to the Top and bottom bars coming closer toward each other and smoothly going back to their actual places when u are going in/out of a sub window.
Refer to video (start from 0:59, watch the animation happen when going into a sub window[music, videos ,etc ]

---------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE(ventline @ Sep 5 2006, 06:11 PM) View Post

If you open the skin.xml in the mc360 folder and find this <effectslowdown>1</effectslowdown> change the value to a 2 should help you here

This gives the best result & is 100% Identical to that of 360 and that's what is needed.... BUT the sideeffect is everything including the blades slow down 2 times the normal speed.
IS it possible to just alter the speed of Blades sliding from the top of one another when exiting a sub window???

------------------------------------------------------------

One more thing to add:

In MC360, when coming out of a subwindow, After a short lil while, blades readjust themselves a lil bit. around 5- 10 pixels.

Edited by Mię«os∞ft, 05 September 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#6 Faid1

Faid1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 01:22 AM

Watching that video makes me all the more amazed at the work put into Project Blackbolt.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a very similar background ripple effect, the blades being the proper length and I'd like to see the Top bar (Media, Games, Xlink) better emulated (on the 360 it has an Apple like Bubble effect)

#7 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 September 2006 - 03:56 AM

There is another thing that i have noticed scince MC360 came out. When you change the volume it hass the little animation to the left of the volume slider that has 4 lights around it. On the 360 these lights would show which controller was doing the action, top left for 1, top right for 2,etc.,etc. But in MC360 the top left one is lit no matter which controller you use. I don't even know if the animation can be controller specific, maybe some one didn't feel like making the different animations for each controller port. Personally I am happy with MC360 the way it is now, it is the best skin made for XBMC to date, I just posted this cause I have never seen anyone else notice this before.

#8 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:38 AM

roormonger its the same with the one on the guide blade but to cut a long story short xbmc can't do things depending on what controller is in where

#9 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:43 AM

Yeah I figured that was the reason.

#10 newiep2003

newiep2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 September 2006 - 11:22 AM

hey roormonger i think you forum avatar would make a good amimated splash if you changed it to XBMC

#11 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:26 PM

I got this from an animated splash. And you can't really tell but those two lines underneath "XBOX" say Media Center. You can get the splash here, but why would you when the 360 one is way sweeter.

#12 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Sep 5 2006, 11:45 PM) View Post

roormonger its the same with the one on the guide blade but to cut a long story short xbmc can't do things depending on what controller is in where

I donno if this was unnoticed BUTT tongue.gif in System Info, It shows that the controller is plugged into a specific port inclding KBD AND MOUSE. So, could the animation be done based on port as said????

-------

I am greatly awaiting a next beta or Near Final version..... love.gif

Edited by Mię«os∞ft, 06 September 2006 - 07:15 PM.

#13 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(Mię«os∞ft @ Sep 7 2006, 04:21 AM) View Post

I donno if this was unnoticed BUTT tongue.gif in System Info, It shows that the controller is plugged into a specific port inclding KBD AND MOUSE. So, could the animation be done based on port as said????

Indeed it does but this is not tranferable as a viewable condition to the skin engine also you may notice that it still dosn't tell you what one you are useing just whats plugged in

#14 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Mię«os∞ft @ Sep 5 2006, 06:25 PM) View Post

I am referring to the Top and bottom bars coming closer toward each other and smoothly going back to their actual places when u are going in/out of a sub window.
Refer to video (start from 0:59, watch the animation happen when going into a sub window[music, videos ,etc ]

Sub Quote " Use effectslowdown = 2 "

This gives the best result & is 100% Identical to that of 360 and that's what is needed.... BUT the sideeffect is everything including the blades slow down 2 times the normal speed.
IS it possible to just alter the speed of Blades sliding from the top of one another when exiting a sub window???

PLeeease Kotix , If u are here, I never saw u in forums.
Forgot to add: Los93sol & Los93sol1(X-S) ph34r.gif .
PLeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease Rework the animation of above 2. PLeeeease. That wud make Mc360 the true 360 skin Emulator. pop.gif
Most MC360 users might not have noticed this but. These are the only Genuine shortcoming's in MC360. sad.gif

Edited by Mię«os∞ft, 07 September 2006 - 07:21 PM.

#15 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:52 AM

For the first time OFFICIAL HI-Res XBOX 360 GUI pics on X-S. Grab some, match it to MC360 A.C.A.B( as close as possible)!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users