Mettalikman873

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:54 AM

I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the D0 point. Is there any different point than the one on the bottom?
And also, my Xbox tries to boot twice and then on the on the 3rd time it stays on and just flashes the blue and red. That is fragging right?

#2 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:05 AM

Fragging is flashing red and green, Since you replaced the green leds with blue ones it is still fragging you just see blue instead of green. Disable the chip and see if it boots stock, if it boots stock then you will know if it is a problem with the chip/soldering. If it doesnt work with the chip disabled then it is a problem with the motherboard. There is an alternate d0 point on the top of the board

#3 DirtRacer127

DirtRacer127

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:dirtbikeing, paintballing, dirt track racing, my xbox, guns, the marines, and fire
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:06 AM

your ansewer yes. I think the top D0 piont is easier, the trick that i found to soldering the wire to it is make a blob of solder on the end of your soldering iron, place the wire on the D0 piont and aply the solder but dont touch the board and let the solder sit there with ur iron in it for about 5 to 7 seconds. after the solder cools gie the wire about 2 or 3 little tugs and if it comes off redo it untill it doesnt come off. and use a 15watt soldering iron with 60/40 rosin core solder. what verion mobo do you have?

#4 Mettalikman873

Mettalikman873

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:09 AM

QUOTE(Cappi @ Sep 6 2006, 07:12 PM) View Post

Fragging is flashing red and green, Since you replaced the green leds with blue ones it is still fragging you just see blue instead of green. Disable the chip and see if it boots stock, if it boots stock then you will know if it is a problem with the chip/soldering. If it doesnt work with the chip disabled then it is a problem with the motherboard. There is an alternate d0 point on the top of the board

Oh I know about the LEDs, but it still kept flashing after I took the chip out. Can you show me where the other D0 is please? smile.gif

#5 Cappi

Cappi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
  • Interests:Modding the crap out of xbox's

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE(Mettalikman873 @ Sep 6 2006, 05:16 PM) View Post

Oh I know about the LEDs, but it still kept flashing after I took the chip out. Can you show me where the other D0 is please? smile.gif

If it is fragging when booted stock/without the chip, the problem is in the motherboard.

Edited by Cappi, 07 September 2006 - 01:11 AM.

#6 Mettalikman873

Mettalikman873

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(DirtRacer127 @ Sep 6 2006, 07:13 PM) View Post

your ansewer yes. I think the top D0 piont is easier, the trick that i found to soldering the wire to it is make a blob of solder on the end of your soldering iron, place the wire on the D0 piont and aply the solder but dont touch the board and let the solder sit there with ur iron in it for about 5 to 7 seconds. after the solder cools gie the wire about 2 or 3 little tugs and if it comes off redo it untill it doesnt come off. and use a 15watt soldering iron with 60/40 rosin core solder. what verion mobo do you have?

1.0 or 1.1. I don't know which, but the LPC board was soldered up so that might tell you which on it is.

QUOTE(Cappi @ Sep 6 2006, 07:18 PM) View Post

If it is fragging when booted stock/without the chip, the problem is in the motherboard.

Oh shit. unsure.gif I'm going to try to reinstall the chip and hope for the best.

Last post...I swear. tongue.gif

http://duomodchip.co...uox2gs_v1.0.jpg

This is correct yes?

#7 blame canada

blame canada

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(DirtRacer127 @ Sep 6 2006, 07:13 PM) View Post

I think the top D0 piont is easier

Wow, I definately beg to differ. The bottom d0 is about 2x bigger than the top, and the top sometimes has that laquer (sp?) crap on it that you sometimes hace to scrape off. I'd rather run 3" more wire and have a much easier soldering job, then save 3" and try and get the top. Just my opinion, so to each his own wink.gif And yea, if the board frags without the chip, then you probably bridged/burned a trace on the LPC area.

Edited by blame canada, 07 September 2006 - 02:20 AM.

#8 jROC99

jROC99

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE(blame canada @ Sep 6 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post

Wow, I definately beg to differ. The bottom d0 is about 2x bigger than the top, and the top sometimes has that laquer (sp?) crap on it that you sometimes hace to scrape off. I'd rather run 3" more wire and have a much easier soldering job, then save 3" and try and get the top. Just my opinion, so to each his own wink.gif And yea, if the board frags without the chip, then you probably bridged/burned a trace on the LPC area.

I agree.. DO NOT SOLDER D0 TO THE TOP OF THE MOTHERBOARD.

The chances of getting it soldered.. and i mean soldered well.. are very slim.
Solder it to the bottomside instead.

If you damage that topside trace your motherboard will not boot.

jROC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users