• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mattburk

mattburk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:20 PM

My goal is to install an large hard drive with the newest and best os for my xbox. I did the soft mod first via evox and the ar kit, but from their I had a hard time getting the epprom flashed to the new hard drive. I then decided to just spend the $60 and buy the xchip. I installed the xchip, after going through the manual various times. I could never get the cromwell bios to load, I take that back, they did load one time, but the system froze the one time it did and I could not do any thing. I have checked it out and believe now the bios are corrupted. I tried the back up and downloading the bios off of the web to no avail either the bios off of the web are bad or my xchip is bad. I have called, emailed, and done the live tech support. I have never heard or spoken to the people at easybuy once. I am about to call my credit card company and have them do a reverse charge on the product.
Can any one help me out? I am in Seattle area. I am willing to pay for your time. I want my new hard drive installed with the best bios and software available loaded onto the chip. I am an audiophile and would love to load all of my cd's onto the xbox to use it as a music server as well as my games.
Thank You
Matthew Burklund
I have version 1.4 and I used the solderless adapter. The only bios I can get to work now are the evox bios that were made to work with the xchip.

Edited by mattburk, 07 September 2006 - 07:23 PM.

#2 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2006 - 02:06 AM

I dunno about money but i'm willing to help as much as I can for free biggrin.gif

I think your a little confused. Lets start from the beginning. The Xchip comes with cromwell bios loaded(legal). The first thing you want to do is put the chip in and see if you can get the cromwell screen to boot(power button)you'll know it when you see it. You would then download another set of bios(non-legall) from the usual places. You can use two(that I know of)types of alternate bios. Xchip bios v1.0-1.5 or M8 bios v1.0-1.5. I suggest M8. M8 is relatively straight forward. Use x-control to flash m8 to bios bank one. Put in your New Hdd(set it to master). Then have your Auto-installer(I suggest Slayers) and throw that bad boy in the Dvd drive and do a cold boot(with power off turn power on via power button). Doing a cold boot will alow the bios to boot your auto installer disk. Format your Hdd and your done(don't forget to lock your hdd if you want to access Live).

*Note if your xbox has been connected to Live before,and you want to connect again with a new Hdd, you will need to purchase a new Eeprom (once connected to live they record two numbers off your xbox one is Hdd and the other is your Eeprom) If your two numbers don't match they know you've altered your xbox in some way and they ban your set of numbers(your xbox)

*double note..... Bios are only a set of parameters for your xbox to follow, allowing you to run unassigned code. The xbox is designed to follow a set of rules and the chip intercepts the rules are they are being delivered and puts out a new set of rules. All programs, dashboards and music are loaded to the Hdd. The only thing that goes on the chip are bios.

Please explain in detail(step by step) what you have done up to this point. You loose me when you start talking about loading and freezing bios.

Edited by tihspeed, 09 September 2006 - 02:25 AM.

#3 mattburk

mattburk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:38 PM

purchase another eprom? I thought you could back up the eprom to a new drive. Is that not the case?

#4 tihspeed

tihspeed

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 September 2006 - 12:48 AM

yes you can move the eeprom as well... its usually just a little easier to just purchase a new one..

#5 ozthewiz

ozthewiz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:47 PM

hey bud i wonder if you got your xchip to work,if not ill help,
ive had a xchip for a while now and mine needs to be reflashed , after reading up on it i am a professer on the subject , only problem i have is i need the usb adapter and blue cable to reflash mine(i cant find mine)so im willing to help you and maybe you could let me borrow the adapter to reflash mine

let me know and thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users