forget2rememb3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:07 PM

Wow, I haven't been here in forever, I have a Samsung DVD PC drive, a broken Thompson drive, a 250 GB Internal IDE drive, a duox2 chip in front of me. To hook up the Samsung, I keep the ribbon cable in the Thompson drive, and teh 8 yellow wire plug into the samsung drive. I set it to slave already. First question, Is that right? Second, if I use DVD2Xbox, will it read from the PC drive adn not the Xbox?

Second question, I know maybe one or two people who have Windows on there xbox and they said it is wonderful. There is a virtual keyboard if you don't have one, (btw, i have a keyboard no one uses, could I hook that up to an xbox through a controller or soemthing), and he said once you start it up, the greeen X comes up adn boots windows first. Then, the Microsoft Dashboard, or modded dashboard is on the desktop and it works exactly like its running on a computer. Makes FTPing a thing of the past and you jsut drag and drop the files and all that great stuff. I just need a little bit of help with these because I spent a lot of money on it and i would like to get this bad boy up and running biggrin.gif Thanks for any help you can give for any of my questions.

#2 1337 pig

1337 pig

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2006 - 01:44 AM

I dont know the answer to your questions but hi. its Cha0sPig from aim. hehe. but ill talk to u on aim and see if i might be able to help with the windows thing.

#3 r_one_oh_seven

r_one_oh_seven

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 September 2006 - 03:14 AM

To run windows, you have to use Linux + Qemu, and linux overwrites the bios in RAM with its own special bios, so you can't load xbox xbe's after you load linux.
I don't think what your friends say is quite right.

Also, the thing with the virtual keyboard, that is definately linux.

#4 VerbalVenom

VerbalVenom

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:29 AM

and definately a waste of time putting 98 on ur xbox. Linux is the way to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users