bigjay8510

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 September 2006 - 05:06 PM

i have a xbox and a 360. i never use my xbox any more just strictly for media center. i play all my tv shows that i have backed up, i play music, and movies. well i am tired of the look of the xbox. so basically i want to put my xbox in a new case so it looks better with my entertainment center. anybody know of any good media center cases that will fit my xbox. i dont even need controller ports just one for the ir dongle. any ideas how i can make this look good with my entertainment center? also one last thing i got a logitech uiversal remote (not the remote for the 360) and it does work with my xbox, anyway i can make it turn off and on my xbox. i remeber seeing a mod around for it, for the standard xbox remotes but not to sure if it can be used for a universal remote.

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

yea im doing one now putting it in a panasonic dvd case, there are many others as well

and you can get the XIRC to do the whole on/off via remote
www.sickmods.net

#3 bigjay8510

bigjay8510

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

but do the screw holes match up? if they dont whats the easiest way to make screw holes?

#4 bigjay8510

bigjay8510

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:56 PM

i could of sworn i had seen a case you can buy for the xbox that was similiar to a media center pc. anybody ever see this before?

#5 the lobo

the lobo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:58 AM

tivo boxes are the best.

#6 bigjay8510

bigjay8510

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:22 AM

i found the case i wanted, but only one problem the website does not work anymore, and cant find a place that sells it. here is the link to the case http://www.xbox-scen...ZuyGouSQded.php anybody seen one around or know of where i can purchase one?

#7 silentbob343

silentbob343

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE(bigjay8510 @ Sep 8 2006, 10:29 PM) View Post

i found the case i wanted, but only one problem the website does not work anymore, and cant find a place that sells it. here is the link to the case http://www.xbox-scen...ZuyGouSQded.php anybody seen one around or know of where i can purchase one?

heh, recently found that article as well and yup the site is kaput. No surprise the damn thing cost an arm and a leg. You could use any HTPC box, but you'll have to fab your own stand offs and such. Many people use DVD player cases as broken DVD players can be had for cheap or free. Older DVD players came in nice big metal cases that looked pretty nice.

#8 bigjay8510

bigjay8510

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 06:42 PM

yea but then again 150 isnt bad for a case that you do not have to do any work really (well with my understanding of the case)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users