JeffyLube0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:04 PM

hey, i recently tried integrating an X-DSL button on my media section. The way I did it is coppied the information from the dashboards button (on the games blade) and pasted it in the media section i know how to rename it and change the description thats no problem. I have a few problems though

when i select the dashboards button (soon to be X-DSL) it highlights it AND the button above it.

the button is too low (small problem, i can fix this)

when i press up on the d-pad when music is selected it will go to the dvd option only if there is no disc in it.

a few other problems with the dvd option and the new button

heres a screenshot:

IPB Image

and here's a screenshot of the highlighting problem:

IPB Image

here's my home.xml:

Home.xml

if someone could download it and tell me of any other problems that would be great.

also any possible solutions would be great. if you could fix the xml for me that would be great or tell me the solutions

i don't have a problem with naming the button or changing the icons my only problem is the xml that i have included

thanks a bunch

muhaha.gif -Jeffy

Edited by JeffyLube0, 09 September 2006 - 08:09 PM.

#2 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:37 PM

well I looked at you xml and under X-DSL Push Button you have <texturefocus>homebutton-6-shadow.png</texturefocus> it should be this <texturefocus>homebutton-6a.png</texturefocus>
also for your <posx> and <posy> for both the Push Button and the Button Shadow should be this <posx>147</posx>
<posy>180</posy>
give that a try and let me know if anything else is wrong

Edited by ventline, 09 September 2006 - 08:37 PM.

#3 JeffyLube0

JeffyLube0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

thanks, that fixed the highlighting problem but the button is a little low and i have a problem with the dvd button. i cannot select it from the music button unless it is closed and there is no dvd in there. can you check that out for me?

muhaha.gif -Jeffy

#4 JeffyLube0

JeffyLube0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:34 PM

everything works except for the dvd problem and do you think you could edit the xml for me to move everything up a bit so it would be even with the games blade??

thanks

muhaha.gif -Jeffy

#5 JeffyLube0

JeffyLube0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:49 PM

also how would i go about finding an icon (a small one) of tux the penguin to fit right next to the "x-dsl" label

#6 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:39 PM

HERE!!! ok you will have to move up your own icon's because I don't have your custom icon's and had nothing to look at. and well this took long enough. and i still need to post my W.I.P. mod. but this should do it for you and i fixed the dvd issue should'nt matter if the tray is open or closed or disc in or out. as far as an icon im sure if you go to a linux site they should have an image you could copy like here

Edited by ventline, 09 September 2006 - 11:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users