Photo

Which Ipod Should I Get? New Refurbished? Nano Or Video?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 halosucks

halosucks

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 148 posts
  • Interests:classic game console refurbishing and upgrades
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:01 AM

well ive been debating on getting an ipod intill just resently. when my friends said i could get a factory refurbished 30gb video ipod for $200, but i dont really need 30 gb id maby use 1gb ir 2gb but i just dont like the nano because its just so damn small.not to mention a new one is just as much as a refurbished video ipod, so im in a pickle, not sure which one to get. let me know tongue.gif pop.gif

#2 saunders73

saunders73

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:51 PM

if you dont mind getting a refurbished 30GB i would get that because its just as much as a new nano and with the 30gb you get way more storage(even if you dont have 30gb of music you can put files or videos on) and you can play videos with the 30gb. Dvd's typically take up around 700mb, and a half hour tv show (south park, family guy, simpsons, etc..) takes about 130mb

#3 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:42 PM

Go for the biggest. I bought a 15GB 3G several years ago thinking I was never going to use that much space, and now I have more music alone than could possibly fit on it.

#4 noudles

noudles

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:23 PM

i say definitely go for the ipod video.. because i got one and i love it biggrin.gif

#5 speed_racer88

speed_racer88

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy shredding the gnar, hangin' with my bros and long walks on the beach.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:26 AM

I would highly recommend getting at least a 4GB nano, any less than that and are going to run out of space very fast. Even if you don't have very much music right now I can guarantee that you will wish you had more space eventually. If you think that you are going to be watching a lot of videos I would recommend the 60GB. If you don't think that you would be so much in to the video's i would recommend the 30GB video or a new 8GB nano.

#6 Larrimus

Larrimus

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
  • Interests:Xbox (360 included), Wii, games in general, car, car audio and most of all...my BEAUTIFUL WOMAN, AMY
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 19 September 2006 - 02:57 PM

Also, the refurbished Apple products are godly. I purchases a refurb 3G back in the day, and they must have replaced the case 'cause it looked brand new. Great way to save some dough.

#7 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 19 September 2006 - 06:54 PM

all refurbished apple products, no matter the problem, receive a brand new case to make them look brand new. If I were you I would wait a few months and get a refurbished 2nd gen nano, theyre so sexy

#8 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:43 AM

they now have a 80GB video. just get the biggest GB for the lowest price. which sounds like the 30 GB refurb will be the best deal.

#9 faithie

faithie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gaming, waaaaay too much television, my job (yay marketing), traveling, college basketball

Posted 23 September 2006 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE(speed_racer88 @ Sep 18 2006, 11:33 PM) View Post

I would highly recommend getting at least a 4GB nano, any less than that and are going to run out of space very fast. Even if you don't have very much music right now I can guarantee that you will wish you had more space eventually. If you think that you are going to be watching a lot of videos I would recommend the 60GB. If you don't think that you would be so much in to the video's i would recommend the 30GB video or a new 8GB nano.

So true. I have a 2GB nano and now all I am doing is wondering if I should go for the 30GB video now that the price has come down to like $250. The 2GB is so not even enough space, definitely better to go for the biggest one you can afford. (I wish I had!)

#10 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 23 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

Will you even be using the video feature? If not, or even if so, then why not look into some other MP3 players? I have a 4g iPod, still going strong, but recognize there are other, and maybe better, choices out there.
http://www.buy.com/p...1/70015969.html
Look at that, it's a 40gb Toshiba Gigabeat. I have heard they are EXCELLENT and may be getting one myself... $175 shipped. Sure, it's about the price of a refurb'd 30 gb 5g iPod, but it IS new.
Just... look around... iPod isn't the ONLY good MP3 player.

#11 hanzblinx

hanzblinx

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:44 AM

What about the Zune which is integrated with XBOX 360.

#12 faithie

faithie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Reading, gaming, waaaaay too much television, my job (yay marketing), traveling, college basketball

Posted 26 September 2006 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Sep 23 2006, 01:32 PM) View Post

Just... look around... iPod isn't the ONLY good MP3 player.

You know, I don't know if its the power of Apple's advertising or just how easy the thing is to use, I've actually always just assumed I'd get another iPod for a bigger mp3 player. Isnt that kind of crazy? I guess I just like them, or something. Or am really lazy because they're so simple and not difficult to figure out wink.gif

Can youuse other mp3 brand players with iTunes? Or do they have their own versions?

#13 xbox_newbie

xbox_newbie

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 07:12 PM

i have a 2gb nano and i cant complain... i wouldnt want more space

i have over 3000 songs on my computer but i just chose the ones i was really into to go on my nano and i dont even have it filled i use it every day going to and from school and its an hour bus ride both ways

but hey thats just me

#14 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(faithie @ Sep 25 2006, 10:33 PM) View Post

Can youuse other mp3 brand players with iTunes? Or do they have their own versions?

Nope. I mean, maybe 1 or 2 but not that I'm aware of. Itunes is (by most) considerred the best online music store... while I prefer something like Napster (15 bucks a month for 1 to 2,000,000 songs). An MP3 player will list on the box what services it is compatable with. But iPod is, I think, the only one compatable with iTunes. And that gives Apple a lot of power/leverage in the market.

#15 juan_2006

juan_2006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:43 AM

Dang those giga beats are teh sex!! they're sexy...lol...probably getting a nano for christmas...refurbished for sure biggrin.gif lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users