ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:19 AM

Well this is almost a full skin mod. I've added a new System Home, Memory, and an Internet window.
In the Internet window you will now find
Live Marketplace (Thanks to manturafs for a kick ass mod)
Movie Trailers
Game Trailers (Whenever the script gets finished)
Weather
LinksBoks (Its just a link. You will need to get it yourself and install it)
Mimesis (Its just a link. You will need to get it yourself and install it)
Plus room for four more buttons

The new System Blade you will now find
Console Settings (A link to the old System Blade)
Memory (A new window where the Game Saves and File Explorer are now)
Scripts
DVD2XBOX (A script that lanches dvd2xbox. You will need to get it yourself. Thanks to Jezz_X)
Clear Cache (A script for clearing your temp drives. Thanks to Dirka for his mod)
Think I might throw Profiles here also. Just have'nt yet
Plus room for four more buttons

The Xlink Kai Games button was moved to the Games Blade to make room for the Internet button. This still leaves room for another button on the Games Blade. And there is still room for one more button on the Media Blade. Well two button if you use the homebutton-6a.png and move everything up.

I've reworked alot of the anamations.
One little thing is when you switch blades the image on the left blade no longer slides. This is how the 360 is.
Also the White Overlay in the middle now zooms in and out of submenu's like the 360.
I know that does not sound like much, but it took alot of work.

Like I said this is a WIP I still have a ton of centering for lables, icon, and other stuff. Still need to make description lables for alot of buttons. This mod will also fix the scrolling from the top up to the bottom and from bottom down to the top. I know that sounded funny, but it's for when you push up on Games button it will now go the the DVD button. I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting also. Well enough rambling. I dont have any screen shots yet. If someone want's to see a blade or window I will post it later, but for now I would like to show you a VIDEO. All comments and suggestions are welcome. I really wanna know what everyone think of this so far.

P.S. Thanks to Blackbolt and team for eight or so months of hard work. I love this skin. I know i got a few idea's for other mods done before. So if you feal like I took something you already did well thanks for your work.

Edited by ventline, 10 September 2006 - 04:21 AM.

#2 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:24 AM

That's pretty cool. I love the system blade idea.

#3 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:34 AM

Well roormonger heres a pic I know your on dialup IPB Image

#4 manturafs

manturafs

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:18 AM

awww man, this is sweeeet. i love the system blade idea too. internet is not a bad idea either. overall it seems you cleaned up the interface. it'll take awhile to really now how the feel is i think.

#5 JeffyLube0

JeffyLube0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:02 AM

great idea. i'll probably only use the system blade and live blade (kickass) as i already have custom game and media blades

any chance of screenshots of the other blades?

Edited by JeffyLube0, 10 September 2006 - 06:05 AM.

#6 roormonger

roormonger

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts
  • Interests:Mind Taking

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:06 AM

Well roormonger heres a pic I know your on dialup

I am at my friends house, so I watched the video. Can't wait for you to release it.

#7 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:16 AM

Well here is a pic of the internet window IPB Image

And a pic of the memory window IPB Image

Right now the free space labels do not slide over like the button labels do. Thinking of making them slide also. Also I think I may add free space for C drive on the game saves button. Think it would even things out.

Also JeffyLube0 if you change the xbmc live and not the games blade you will not have a direct link to xlink kai games. Not that you need it, because once you get into the Kai blade you can switch to games.

And some thing I didn't say before was. I have a 360, and alot of the changes I made was to give it more of the 360 layout/feel (hey I spelled feel right this time he he) thats why I made the system home blade and the memory window. Along with some of the animation (damn I guess I just needed more beer to spell correctly) changes I did was to get the 360 feel. Also if you didn't notice the XBMC Live button on the live blade was left open for when Team BB introduces there marketplace. I'm not sure if manturafs marketplace will go down at that point or not. This just gives the option for both. Also this opens up the skin for many more buttons/mods for ppl to add themselves.

Well I've rambled on long enough once again, but I've spent about two weeks on this so far. And I've been on vacation for the last week. So I've really been working alot on this. Now next week I have to go back to hell. oh wait work, and still pickup my son from school and soccer games/practice. Also maybe working ten hour days. Oh boy oh boy great fun. So not alot of time to spend playing around.

Oh, and on a side note. MC360 made me use XBMC as my default dashboard. It also got me to understand how the skins work. The only other mod I did for an XBMC skin was to add your IP to the home blade. That i got from a tutorial. So once again thank you TEAM BB for eight or so months of hard work. I love the skin. Found it easy to pick up on. Just wanted it to fit ME better.

OK well everyone have a good night and see you again soon.

P.S. I nowe my spelng is chit. so beer wit me.

#8 warlion

warlion

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:18 AM

amazing work i really want to try this mod

Edited by warlion, 10 September 2006 - 07:22 AM.

#9 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:19 PM

Spectacular work so far!
This mod is surely goinna affect(help) Team BB!! biggrin.gif
Can't wait for it..
-----------------------------

A smalll sugg: A lil smoother & slower Top/Bottom bar zooming while goin' in/out of a sub window would be great!!

Edited by Mię«os∞ft, 10 September 2006 - 04:21 PM.

#10 JeffyLube0

JeffyLube0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:45 PM

I think i'll have 2 mc360 skins. this one, and my custom one (this being my default one of course) great job. i love the look of it. damn this must have taken you a long time. any possibility of color icons in the future???

Edited by JeffyLube0, 10 September 2006 - 06:46 PM.

#11 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:53 AM

Looks awesome. I love the system menu!

#12 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:45 AM

QUOTE(Mię«os∞ft @ Sep 10 2006, 10:26 AM) View Post

Spectacular work so far!
This mod is surely goinna affect(help) Team BB!! biggrin.gif
Can't wait for it..
-----------------------------

A smalll sugg: A lil smoother & slower Top/Bottom bar zooming while goin' in/out of a sub window would be great!!

Well thanks for the positive feedback and your suggestion. Your post HERE is what inspired me to do the animation in and out of submenu's. And now your feedback has made me redo it.

A few thing though. The video that I posted first was captured with a low frame rate to keep the size down. Making it a bit jurky but allowed for a better pic. Also I never thought going into a submenu looked that bad, but backing out of one looked bad. So I have tried to fix that. And I really dont want to slow things down (just makes the wait longer). So this tries to fix backing out of a submenu. There is still a small pause that I could not get rid of, but it smooths it out I think.

Also I've Added the C drive free space on the gamesaves button (looks much better). Still need to make the free space label's slide though (looks funny the way I have it right now). And to be honest some of the overlays looked discolored (well I am really shocked it was never slammed just for that). I don't think it's a perfect match, but almost.

So here is a smaller and shorter VIDEO.

#13 Mię«os∞ft

Mię«os∞ft

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:08 PM

200% pop.gif satisfied with your UPCOMING mod. So do others.

I take back my "Lil suggestion" after watching the video 2.

Edited by Mię«os∞ft, 11 September 2006 - 07:16 PM.

#14 newiep2003

newiep2003

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 07:38 PM

vent line can you post a link so i can download the actual vid clip as i cant seem to be able to watch it

#15 ventline

ventline

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:16 PM

Here you go newiep2003 and anyone else that may have problems viewing the videos.

VIDEO 1 DOWNLOAD 9MB
VIDEO 2 DOWNLOAD 1.7MB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users