Photo

Who Do You Think Will Turn Out Ahead With This Next Generation Of Cons

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

Poll: Who do you think will turn out ahead with this next generation of consoles?

Who do you think will turn out ahead with this next generation of consoles?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:21 PM

feel free to vote/discuss.

#2 leorimolo

leorimolo

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 614 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 01:40 PM

Go xbox!!!!and wii

#3 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

Hope m$ does well this time, Wii looks cheap and cool so think it will do well, PS3 will get better as years go on but really not sure about Sony just yet. They have really let me down with Delaying in Europe, I was considering getting one for F1 games but I hate how Sony picks on Europe all the freakin time (look at PSP for example, which is why I got a DS).

Edited by bucko, 10 September 2006 - 02:32 PM.

#4 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:43 PM

as much as id like ms to win, i think sony will pull ahead this time simply because of a larger fanbase, huge backward compatibility list, and ps2's huge popularity. Ms is still pretty new to this however sony has been in the buisness for a pretty long time, and judging by the success of previous generations, know what their doing. Just look at japan, they've sold what, like 5 360's there? either theres no gamers (ya right) or they all are waiting for the ps3. just my 2 cents

#5 Altima NEO

Altima NEO

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, XBox, 360, PSP, Dreamcast, 3D Graphics & Animation
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:49 PM

The Wii60 Combo for the win!

#6 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 02:58 PM

I hope MS does better this time round with the 360 against the PS3. I think Sony have really screwed up this time. PS3 is way too much money for a system that will probably play games just as well as the much cheaper 360. Does anyone really care about Blu Ray?. The 360 has had over a years head start and is selling very well (except Japan). The 360 has an already massive and successful online community with a good selection of games. Oh yeah and no PS3 in Europe for xmas??, big mistake!. People will just buy the 360 instead and any parents will be happy they didn't need to spend the extra s on the PS3. But Sony will still do really well just because of their brand name. So for that I think it will be MS 1st with Sony just behind and then Nintendo.

#7 juan_2006

juan_2006

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:28 PM

I think nintendo will win.....It has the cheapest console, awesome controler, virtual console, and online play biggrin.gif.....Ms will get 2nd....it has good games...great graphics...reasonable price...and xbox live.....sony will be last...because of their price, possibly slow console manufacturing, no europe at launch, developers are having a hard time making games....

#8 lord^infamous

lord^infamous

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:47 PM

My two cents..... I voted M$, Nintendo, Sony. My reasoning came from three categories; price, release date, and features.

M$ will finish first because they won over quite a bit of people, including my self, with the xbox and they now have a fan base. Just as Sony did after the Play Station. My second reason would be that they hit the market first and the average consumer can't afford more than one console. The 360 isn't going to be as featured packed as the PS3 but let's not forget about LIVE. I think LIVE will dominate for years to come. One last thing that will help secure M$ at the top is that Sony will not have as many exclusive titles as it did for the PS2, which in my opinion is the biggest reason the PS2 stayed alive after the release of the xbox.

Nintendo will finish second because the price on it just looks too good to pass up if your looking for something new to do. Nintendo also has too many loyal fans, including me, to let it pass for that price.

As for Sony, I can't find anything go to say about it except that it's going to be one bad mother. It will top the 360 in performance but at the same time in price. The price tag on it just doesn't seem like something I my self would just pick up, let alone save up for. Trust me, everyone in Japan will have one but Japan doesn't make up the whole consumer market. The last point is that it will hit the market last.

In conclusion, the biggest reason I think M$ will finish first is that it will hit the market first. Sony will finish last because it cost too damn much and Nintendo is stuck in the middle because it's a bargain. Maybe my rankings are bias because I like Nintendo for everything it has done but I still stick with my stance as M$ finishing #1.

A quick thought I had after posting is that I'd like to see the same poll and it's results on a Sony and Nintendo site.......

Edited by lord^infamous, 10 September 2006 - 03:50 PM.

#9 porsche6714

porsche6714

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:54 PM

as much as id like ms to win, i think sony will pull ahead this time simply because of a larger fanbase, huge backward compatibility list, and ps2's huge popularity. Ms is still pretty new to this however sony has been in the buisness for a pretty long time, and judging by the success of previous generations, know what their doing. Just look at japan, they've sold what, like 5 360's there? either theres no gamers (ya right) or they all are waiting for the ps3. just my 2 cents

Unfortunatly i am going to have to agree with you. Of coarse it would be great if Microsoft could pull ahead and win but i think Sony's fanbase and popularity is just too much for Microsoft to handle.

#10 10001110101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Interests:Playing Xbox, and PS2<br />As well as building comps.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE(porsche6714 @ Sep 10 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post

Unfortunatly i am going to have to agree with you. Of coarse it would be great if Microsoft could pull ahead and win but i think Sony's fanbase and popularity is just too much for Microsoft to handle.

yeah, but do you know how many ps2 fans are disappointed at sony because of there price point? go to school and ask people

#11 Ninja Sniper X

Ninja Sniper X

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:42 PM

I think with all the setbacks and unstable hardware Sony is dealing with M$ will win this round. However I don't think Nintendo will be able to outdo Sony's fanboys and will be stuck in last as usuall. I know myself I'll be getting a Wii60 combo.

#12 crapoid685

crapoid685

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:58 PM

I think consumers will reconsider a 360 when they find out that a) they cant play the latest dvd movies b/c they are on blueray or B) they have to buy a $300 add-on drive thats half the size of the 360 just to play HD-DVD movies(no games). Also, sony dev's can fit a ton of game on a blueray disc(30Gb), compared to dual layer dvds for 360. This is more of a problem for future games not current generation.

Edited by crapoid685, 10 September 2006 - 05:59 PM.

#13 CattyKid

CattyKid

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,618 posts
  • Interests:Everything

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:10 PM

Honestly... I think that the PS3 is too expensive at its current price to penetrate deeply into the market. People complained about the $400 price tag of the 360.... what do you think they will say about the $500 tag of the PS3 (since the premium 360 is comparable to the $500 PS3)?

#14 Nemo1985X

Nemo1985X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:07 PM

I choose 360 , Wii then PS3 because ,

From what I can tell , the 360 is a system that takes everyone into consideration. I feel the same way about the Wii.

*I did not post this to bash sony* When you talk about the PS3 , 600 dollars !
70+ dollars per game , pushing untested technology (that damn Blue-Ray is boosting the price) down our throats...

Ok I quit but just know that
QUOTE(Altima NEO)
The Wii60 Combo for the win!

#15 fritoeata

fritoeata

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:31 PM

360/ps3/wii.
No serious hi def support only hurts nintendo. sleeping.gif
$$ for ps3. blink.gif
the prob i see w 360 is their hd dvd drive is spendy/720p max. and their back compat SUCKS!!!! dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users