1 reply to this topic

#1 cravavr3

cravavr3

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 07:03 PM

To start off i have a hitachi 46 drive in xbox 360....and i wish to backup my original games.

Now when i wish to backup my own game(s) I am running into info that is not specific to hitachi but samsung/toshiba drives.

I understand the toshiba/samsung xbox drives can extract the SS sector, and am under the impression a hitachi can't ( unless told otherwise )

But from what i read on some people posts is confusing me.....

for example some same they using there pioneer 111d to backup game and using a downloaded SS for game and works.

Others are mentioning whats the best video DVD ( 8.5 GB + ) to extract games.

So how exatctly do i make a backup on my hitachie, and yes i have read the v41 tutotial but seems when it goes into backing up games does not specific to hitachi and extracting the SS or does not even mention the video dvd method.

Can I do the following:

Backup games on my 111d on PC, download a SS for that game, compile new image and burn to DVD-Dl+r and burn, or is other steps necessary for hitachi like samsung?

Or do i need to mod firmware on hitachi and use it to extract game on PC and then download SS and make image and burn.

Or i ma totally confused and simpler or different method from what i have seen or what i assumed to understand on howto?????

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:04 PM

No discussion involving downloading copyright files SS to be specific.
Goodness knows why people want to make public the fact they are going to download the SS file.
This sort of detail is not to be posted here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users