jaguar65

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 12:52 PM

Has anyone experienced this problem?
Who has managed to solve it?
How was this done?
My 360 originally gave the 0101 error. I cleaned the thermal paste and replaced it with artic silver at which point it still did not work. Then randomnly it worked through two boot ups to dash. Then it stopped again giving 0101 error again. I was informed that I should use the heat gun and 12V the fans. I did this and now the 360 gives 0022 GPU overheat error on boot.

When started up it gives no A/V output, and spends a long time on one green led before showing three red.
The secondary error code is always 0022 GPU overheating.

I cleaned and replaced the thermal paste today and it still shows 0022.

I cannot fathom why it shows GPU overheating so quickly whilst not even outputting sound/video.

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:26 PM

it sounds like you scrwed up one of the GPU connections when you tried the heat gun fix... now the console THINKS the GPU is over heating simply because it's got a bunged connection.

if it was me I'd try the Heatgun fix again, otherwise I'd part out of my console and buy a new one. (you can probably make back a couple hundred selling the HDD, Case, RF/power board, PSU, controller, and AV cables.

#3 bigbubba7373

bigbubba7373

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:15 PM

could also be screws are not tight on the heatsink or they may be to tight

Edited by bigbubba7373, 11 September 2006 - 02:16 PM.

#4 jaguar65

jaguar65

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

I will try the heat gun later tonight. I recieved the 0022 error regardless of whether the heatsink screws were in or out but how tight should they be exactly? I screwed them in fairly tightly (didn't break a sweat screwing them in) and it didn't affect the outcome. I fail to see how this will change if they are slightly looser.

#5 stupedsam

stupedsam

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2006 - 03:56 AM

I also now have this problem, Ive tried the heat gun about 7 time total on my mobo. I used to get a 0102, then I changed thermal paste, heat gunned it about 5 times temporarly fixed 3 times until nothing, then kept rebooting and started on 0022. Still going through trail and error on this bad boy.

Thank you Microsoft, may I have another. dry.gif

#6 meph984

meph984

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 March 2009 - 07:47 PM

Hi, i also have this problem. The 360 is the HDMI version of the premium. I have tried cleaning re-pasting, x-clamp fi and like others no success. When first switched on it takes 30-40 seconds before the lights flash red, no dashboard in the waiting time. I have messed around with having stuff plugged in and have found, If the dvd drive unplugged, the centre light keeps flashing, telling me it is missing, but with th AV cable unplugged, there are no red lights, so the 360 doesn't even know it is unplugged. All have the same results though. No power up sequence, no dash, no luck. I haven't tried a heat gun yet but i have one so i may give that a try, got nothing to lose now. If anyone has made this repair i would love to hear from you.

#7 rr4567

rr4567

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

I did. What I did though, was I stuck that bad boy into the oven @ 500 Degrees for 12 minutes. All good now tongue.gif

#8 plushh

plushh

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

i got this same issue! this blows. im starting to hate M$. well nevermind, i never quit hating M$

anyone have any solutions to this????? i would love to get my system back up and running

#9 dr_sb

dr_sb

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:26 PM

my xbox is doing same...and doesnt power on sometimes...sometimes it powers on already by pluggin on the power supply...and if it powers on..i only get the green light in the middle..and after 25sec...rrod with 0022

plz help...with ideas..i tried alot..and nothing worked

#10 richilg1

richilg1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I play Halo

Posted 12 January 2010 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(meph984 @ Mar 20 2009, 01:47 PM) View Post

Hi, i also have this problem. The 360 is the HDMI version of the premium. I have tried cleaning re-pasting, x-clamp fi and like others no success. When first switched on it takes 30-40 seconds before the lights flash red, no dashboard in the waiting time. I have messed around with having stuff plugged in and have found, If the dvd drive unplugged, the centre light keeps flashing, telling me it is missing, but with th AV cable unplugged, there are no red lights, so the 360 doesn't even know it is unplugged. All have the same results though. No power up sequence, no dash, no luck. I haven't tried a heat gun yet but i have one so i may give that a try, got nothing to lose now. If anyone has made this repair i would love to hear from you.

actually on the newer xboxs (HDMI), the four red lights do not occur if the A/V is unplugged, on the older xboxs they did show four....hope this helps, even though it probably wont at all, sorry : )

Edited by richilg1, 12 January 2010 - 01:05 AM.

#11 prime2010

prime2010

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 01:13 PM

Just got this error on a console I reballed GPU and CPU. The console had a broken component which I replaced and it appears to boot up fine apart from this error of cause. I had a 12v short at some stage but its gone now. Might try the oven trick tomorrow but doubt it be that. I doubt its the GPU as I reballed it again to make sure and it all looks good. No lost pads either.

Very obscure issue hope someone has more solutions on this. Sorry for bringing up the thread again.

#12 RavenPhoenix

RavenPhoenix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(prime2010 @ Jun 8 2010, 11:13 PM) View Post

Just got this error on a console I reballed GPU and CPU. The console had a broken component which I replaced and it appears to boot up fine apart from this error of cause. I had a 12v short at some stage but its gone now. Might try the oven trick tomorrow but doubt it be that. I doubt its the GPU as I reballed it again to make sure and it all looks good. No lost pads either.

Very obscure issue hope someone has more solutions on this. Sorry for bringing up the thread again.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you Prime2010. I just reballed the GPU and am getting this 0022 error now. Prior to the reball I think I was getting an 0110 but I was sure it was the GPU so I just went ahead and reballed it. I haven't reballed the CPU yet but somehow I don't think that is the problem. I might actually have to try it if I still don't get anywhere after trying reflow of the gpu, cpu and hana.

#13 xboxhaxorz

xboxhaxorz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:03 AM

way old topic

but the reball needs to be redone, its possible your chip is bad as well. i am new myself so i cant help much, reflows i can do np.

#14 Avinitlarge

Avinitlarge

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

Hmm, old topic. Anyway. I hate the 0022 fault, Ive just scrapped 3 Xenon's with 0022 as I have tried everything in the past and not been able to cure it, the only thing I didnt try was a reball but its not worth doing on a Xenon these days IMO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users