Photo

Copy Paste Hdd To Upgrade To Larger One? (swap W/ Other Xbox?)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JimmytheCow

JimmytheCow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 08:08 PM

i paid a kid $20 + chip to mod my v1.0 xbox with XBMC and a bigger hdd. (80gig)

I just picked up a v1.4 (doubt its a 1.5) and wanna mod that myself.

since i paid someone to do it last time i dont know how to do it.

i wanna load some piddly little chip (aladin, or something lite) and smoosh in a larger hdd.

my Q is:

I wanna upgrade my already modded hdd to a lrger size, is there a way i can just copy all my stuff off the smaller one to the bigger one? I hate to have to upload all my stuff again. (lots of it)

second Q. is there a way after i chip my new one that i can use the old hdd (that i just upgraded to larger one) so again, i dont have to upload a sht ton of stuff?

thnx in advance!

#2 phreaknite

phreaknite

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 09:16 PM

If you use a xenium chip they have a cool little tool just for this kind of thing called the Disk Upgrade wizard (which works pretty well depending on the typ eof HDD you get). If not, then try to look up a program called chimp....

ALSO, since you have another whole XBOX, you can FTP into one, then FTP into the other one with Flash FXP and transer through FTP with the computer as an intermediary, assuming you have a router.

#3 JimmytheCow

JimmytheCow

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:56 PM

but my Q is, would my old drive be usable in a diff xbox? or is it 1 box, 1 drive. not 3 xbox's 1 drive cloned 3 times?

make sence?

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 September 2006 - 02:12 AM

You can use the HD out of the old Xbox in the new one. With a chip, the HD doesn't need to be locked and isn't tied to the Xbox.

Even with a softmod, you would just need to unlock the drive and lock it with the new eeprom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users