Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 September 2006 - 10:08 PM

So it's been out for a few days now, I'm personally really enjoying it, more than I am Dead Rising infact ohmy.gif ; I bought both together you see.

I'm currently in London outside, got myself the Crazy Pizza Golem and some other new Golem (the one after that).

I would say that the battles are a bit frequent for my liking and they sometimes take a lot of time to finish as there are often too many enemies to defeat on the battle field. But it's not too annoying. Apart from that I'm loving it, definately knocks the socks off of Oblivion. rolleyes.gif

How far is everyone else? Please no spoilers smile.gif I hope I didn't give anything away...

#2 grim_d

grim_d

The Grim Gopher

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts
  • Interests:enjoying life.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 September 2006 - 05:48 PM

yeah im really enjoying it too. im at more or less the same place as you but im finding it incredibly difficult to keep some of my characters VP at a level where they are of any use, its pretty frustrating. To the extent that even the random battles are knocking me on my arse sad.gif

And the quick menu sounds are really starting to bug me.

but yeah really gd game

Edited by grim_d, 12 September 2006 - 05:50 PM.

#3 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE(grim_d @ Sep 12 2006, 05:55 PM) View Post

im finding it incredibly difficult to keep some of my characters VP at a level where they are of any use, its pretty frustrating. To the extent that even the random battles are knocking me on my arse sad.gif

but yeah really gd game

I read this thinking 'huh? Im not getting this' blink.gif

But a couple of battles in Karin has 0 VP and starts with 1HP ohmy.gif And then Raiga the same! I now start each battle round with 1 HP on both those characters and have to use a powder to keep them alive, but then they can't attack unsure.gif Oh dear, and to cap it all off, I must have been pretty close to a heal thing and then i got a disc read error grr.gif

But GREAT game biggrin.gif

#4 MaxEgg

MaxEgg

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 01:35 PM

If you cycle your party members they will slowly gain VP (cept if they are all gone)
when they get to about 1/3 of their total VP i cycle a new player in (golem)

#5 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

top tip there rolleyes.gif cheers, and so obvious as well laugh.gif I'll give it a whirl as dead rising is pissing me off so much atm grr.gif

#6 Inked1

Inked1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:yo mamma
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 15 September 2006 - 12:45 AM

I am about 15 hours in at this point and enjoying the game as well; being a huge fan of turn based RPGs. Battle frequency has so far only really annoyed me when lost on a map area for being just numb and getting myself all turned around.

Anyone else using the auto feature in battle when they get sick of thinking strategy?

#7 Boiker

Boiker

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 03:32 PM

Not used it yet mainly because I haven't got bored and the fact that a couple of my characters have very low VP so I need to heal them at the beginning of the battle. Will the auto battle heal characters?

I havent played it in a few days now, too busy with my college work. But now its the weekend I can play again! biggrin.gif

#8 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,499 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(Inked1 @ Sep 14 2006, 07:52 PM) View Post

Anyone else using the auto feature in battle when they get sick of thinking strategy?

the auto battle feature in the game is terrible. in fights where your specifically told not to attack, they will attack anyways, and also if you chose autobattle, it picks all your character moves for you. what i mean by that isn't the obvious, but say i move my first 2 characters, then do an autobattle expecting it to move the last 2, the game will reassign my first 2 to do what it wants them to.

over all the game is amazing though. i love vandal hearts/fft, and this is kind of like a traditional rpg with that type of battle system mixed into it. to avoid spoilers i'll just give a percentage... the game says i'm 44% of the way through.

#9 Inked1

Inked1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:yo mamma

Posted 16 September 2006 - 02:06 AM

I'm not using auto often, used it mostly in one area where I got lost and was back tracking to where I started. There are cases I have used quick start after moving only some characters because I am certain 2 moves rather than four will finish off the battle, doing that is similar to placing the unmoved characters into standby for that turn.

I know the battle you mean with the auto being utterly useless....but I did ignore the instructions and just attacked first time through out of curiosity.

#10 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,499 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE(Inked1 @ Sep 15 2006, 09:13 PM) View Post

I know the battle you mean with the auto being utterly useless....but I did ignore the instructions and just attacked first time through out of curiosity.

did you make the 4th hit where you get the game over? i got that from my auto in that fight dry.gif all in all though, its an excellent game, its great to see games like this on the 360. i wish there where more of them on the first xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users