• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gizmo2.0

gizmo2.0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:59 PM

Ok i feel really retarded having to post about this, but I have researched for a week and cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. I have un unmodded xbox and I use the unleash X dashboard. I'm trying to connect to the internet using linksboks but somthing is not right. I can connect to the internet because I can use the memisis app to download stuff so connecting to the internet is not the problem. I connect through a router so I should not have to go through my computer, right? I "thought" i had the linksboks binary version, but am not so sure now (By the way, I know you cannot tell me where to get it so I'm not asking). I FTP'd them over to my xbox and extracted them from there. Then I ran the "linksboks.xbe" or "default.xbe" or whatever it was (can't remember, i'm not at my console right now) and it popped up a screen that said it was loading. I let it sit there for an hour and it never did anything. So I guess my question is how do I know I've got the right files (again, not asking where I can find them) or did I do something wrong. I'm still pretty new to all this so help would be appreciated.

#2 Zebes

Zebes

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

it sounds like you need to go into the network settings and change them to work with your setup
usualy dhcp works best

#3 gizmo2.0

gizmo2.0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

Already got that. ISP gives me a new ip address everytime I boot up my xbox or computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users